Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Vietnam gyms and beaches

Vietnam gyms and beaches

Old Oct 27th 2010, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

cracksniper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vietnam gyms and beaches

First time user and thanks for helping me guys...just thought I'd ask if anyone knew of a) a great gym b) a great beach c) a great resort with them both in walking distance in Vietnam as I am considering going there for some rehabilitation in Jan' 2011. Don't know much about the place other than some friends of mine really liked it and it was very cheap. All answers greatly appreciated.
The above can also be in Thailand as I have not made up my mind as to where to go yet thanks..the sniper
Old Oct 29th 2010, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

andrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really nice
Default Re: Vietnam gyms and beaches

Nha Trang (Vietnam) has a great beach. I was there one April and it was so quiet. Lovely blue clear water as well. I posted a photo on a thread on the forum about 1 year ago.

Almost forgot to say, the streets around there have some small hotels. Simple accommodation.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:01 am
Just Joined

Agent-Vietnam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewrh
Nha Trang (Vietnam) has a great beach. I was there one April and it was so quiet. Lovely blue clear water as well. I posted a photo on a thread on the forum about 1 year ago.

Almost forgot to say, the streets around there have some small hotels. Simple accommodation.

Yes correct !
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

SayHelloToTheAngels is an unknown quantity at this point

There is also a very good gym in Nha Trang, the name escapes me at the moment but I shall find out for you. Nha Trang is a superb place, however it was subject to several electricity issues when I was last there.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:34 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SayHelloToTheAngels
There is also a very good gym in Nha Trang, the name escapes me at the moment but I shall find out for you. Nha Trang is a superb place, however it was subject to several electricity issues when I was last there.
Thinking of going to Vietnam overland from Thailand through Cambodia in a couple of months, getting the bus into Vietnam from Phnom Phen. What's the nearest city to the beach and how long does it take to get there ?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Thinking of going to Vietnam overland from Thailand through Cambodia in a couple of months, getting the bus into Vietnam from Phnom Phen. What's the nearest city to the beach and how long does it take to get there ?

Bus from Phnom Penh - Vietnam will drop off you at Hochiminh City

At HCMC u can get a bus to :

- HCMC/Vung tau : 130 km / 2 hrs
- HCMC/Mui Ne : 180 km / 4 hrs
- HCMC/Nha trang : 450 km / 9 hrs

Suggestion : Nha Trang
Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:30 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Agent-Vietnam
Bus from Phnom Penh - Vietnam will drop off you at Hochiminh City

At HCMC u can get a bus to :

- HCMC/Vung tau : 130 km / 2 hrs
- HCMC/Mui Ne : 180 km / 4 hrs
- HCMC/Nha trang : 450 km / 9 hrs

Suggestion : Nha Trang
9 hours, that's a long bus with two young kids. Are the roads okay ? is it worht it ? What are the other two beaches like ? Where would you go close to HCMC ?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 7:26 am
Just Joined

9 hours, that's a long bus with two young kids. Are the roads okay ? is it worht it ? What are the other two beaches like ? Where would you go close to HCMC ?
Sleeping bus - The road ok
Mui Ne + VT can not compare with Nhatrang !

Old Feb 20th 2011, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

andrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really niceandrewrh is just really nice

I travelled by train in Vietnam, but they are not very comfortable or clean. On the overnighters, it was pretty rough - I thought we had de-railed at one point !
Old Feb 21st 2011, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Agent-Vietnam
Sleeping bus - The road ok
Mui Ne + VT can not compare with Nhatrang !

What about prices ? as cheap as Cambodia or more like Thailand ?