Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

UK Immigration Query - Filipina wife/British husband resident in Hong Kong

UK Immigration Query - Filipina wife/British husband resident in Hong Kong

Old Jan 4th 2012, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

PeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud of
Default UK Immigration Query - Filipina wife/British husband resident in Hong Kong

I am planning to visit the UK later in the year with my wife who holds a Philippine passport but also has dependant resident status in Hong Kong where we live. We married in October 2010.

I have checked out the Border Agency website but have not found a category of visa application that clearly appears to apply to our case. This will be a visit to see family and friends, will be for 2-3 weeks, we have no plans to settle in the UK and will return to Hong Kong afterwards.

Does anyone have any advice on this concerning the type of visa to be applied for by my wife?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

andrewdyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Immigration Query - Filipina wife/British husband resident in Hong Kong

Hi Pete.

It should be a simple matter of obtaining a visitor visa for her. You don't need a Spouse visa for a short family visit.

Andrew
Old Jan 6th 2012, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

PeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK Immigration Query - Filipina wife/British husband resident in Hong Kong

Originally Posted by andrewdyke
Hi Pete.

It should be a simple matter of obtaining a visitor visa for her. You don't need a Spouse visa for a short family visit.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew.