Forum Regular

takso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tell me about Buddhism....

Old Dec 16th 2014, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

The Principle of Balance, Constant and Absence

By nature, everything is a matrix of everything. Therefore, at times, there is a need to link several scientific concepts together while expounding a particular theoretical framework. If we were to examine into nature intently, our mind would discover that everything is interconnected and balanced. The circumstances of duality or multiplicity in all things would always exist in the dependent nature.

Conventionally, there is a beginning and an ending of all things or matters i.e. when there is a rising, there will be a falling or vice versa. In other words, there’s no two ways about it i.e. one factor is always being balanced off with another factor, without exception. This conclusion would bring us to an understanding that the nature is functioning in a feature that is constant – a situation that does not change i.e. the characteristic of an inherent existence. Therefore, we could mention that the nature is a system that is universal i.e. it is inherent existing and dependent arising concurrently.

Basically, all the workings of the universal scientific laws and equations would fall within the principle of balance, constant and absence. For instance,

E = mc2 or E - mc2 = 0 or mc2 - E = 0
A = B or A - B = 0 or B - A = 0

1. Newton’s Law of Motion

1st Law of Motion
Every object in a state of consistent motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force applied to it. This circumstance denotes that every object would naturally be in the state of balance and constant at all times until it being influenced by the external force.

2nd Law of Motion
It is pertaining to the relationship between an object’s mass, its acceleration, and the applied force. In this law, the direction of the force vector is the same as the direction of the acceleration vector. For example, if the speed of the car decreases, it is literal to speak of deceleration; mathematically, it is acceleration in the opposite direction to that of motion and vice versa. This circumstance denotes the state of balance and constant in all arising forces at all times.

3rd Law of Motion
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This circumstance denotes the state of balance and constant in all arising forces at all times.

2. Bernoulli’s principle

Based on the experimental studies on moving fluid, it is a principle that states as the speed of substance increases, the pressure decreases. By the law of conservation of energy, this increase in kinetic energy must be balanced by a decrease in the pressure-volume, or, since the volumes are equal, by a decrease in pressure. However, this principle need not be limited solely on the substance of liquid. At the end of the day, the key observation on this principle is that all forces would reach a state of balance and constant at all times.

3. The Law of Conservation

1. The law of conservation of charge – the net charge of an isolated system remains constant.
2. The law of conservation of momentum – the total momentum of a collection of objects (a system) is conserved i.e. the total amount of momentum is a constant or unchanging value.
3. The law of conservation of mass – mass cannot be created or destroyed; it is merely rearranged i.e. the sum of all masses is a constant.
4. The law of conservation of energy – energy cannot be created or destroyed and the sum of all energies is a constant.

Right now, we would realise that every of our intention or action on things or matters would bear with its respective consequences; regardless of timeline. And it is commonly known that we would need energy to initiate our desires or motions. Therefore, energy is a fundamental element in the dependent nature and it is nothing but mere vibration. When there are opposing forces, there would be vibration. The alternate movement of the opposing forces would generate a continuum of wavy pattern oscillating up and down. This is the main reason for all the repeating cycle of rising and falling activities that one could witness in the dependent nature. In other words, by understanding well and observing thoroughly into the characteristics of energy, one could gain insight into the nature and its orientation. So energy starts with vibration and in turn, vibration starts with opposing forces. These opposing forces would function as a constant factor and it fits well into the category of inherent existence.

Nature and its Orientation

Generally speaking, nature bears with a comprehensive characteristic i.e. on the one hand, it would bear with the conditions of beginning and ending and on the other hand, it would bear with the conditions of beginning-less and end-less. On this pretext, we could mention that nature is a system that is universal i.e. it is inherent existing and dependent arising concurrently. When we talk about nature, literally, we touch on the elements of energy and it is a fundamental quality of the nature because every single thing or happening would involve with it, without exception.

As scientists have discovered, energy can neither be created nor be destroyed and it is ever transforming and changing all the time. But the sum of all energies in a system is a constant or never changes. So is energy a variable or a constant element? Paradoxically, energy corresponds well to both of these elements. As mentioned earlier, every subject matter can be viewed in two different ways and each way is very closely related with one another although they seem different. Therefore, energy is a constant element on one perspective and concurrently, it is a variable element on another perspective. By understanding well and observing thoroughly into the characteristics of energy, one could gain insight into the nature and its orientation.

Let’s now delve into the conditions of beginning and ending i.e. the circumstances of duality and multiplicity. This scenario can be portrayed in a continuum of rising and falling activities a.k.a. the wheel of life in the dependent nature as follows: -

Balance leads to stability. Stability leads to aggregation. Aggregation leads to agitation. Agitation leads to information. Information leads to knowledge. Knowledge leads to representation. Representation leads to memory. Memory leads to compulsion. Compulsion leads to ignorance. Ignorance leads to blindness. Blindness leads to disorientation. Disorientation leads to confusion. Confusion leads to irrationality. Irrationality leads to impulse. Impulse leads to sparkling. Sparkling leads to inkling. Inkling leads to volition. Volition leads to awareness. Awareness leads to consciousness. Consciousness leads to manas. Manas leads to mind and body. Mind and body lead to sensation. Sensation leads to six sense bases. Six sense bases lead to conductivity. Conductivity leads to contact. Contact leads to stimulation. Stimulation leads to feeling. Feeling leads to experience. Experience leads to craving. Craving leads to grasping. Grasping leads to clinging. Clinging leads to unsettling. Unsettling leads to becoming. Becoming leads to creation. Creation leads to birth. Birth leads to energising. Energising leads to mobility. Mobility leads to hauling. Hauling leads to aging. Aging leads to draining. Draining leads to death. Death leads to fragility. Fragility leads to segregation. Segregation leads to diffusion. Diffusion leads to imbalance. Imbalance leads to adjustment. Adjustment leads to alignment. Alignment leads to new balance.

Thus the conditional phenomena would continue repeatedly to depict the rising and falling activities in the dependent nature, just like a continuum of wavy pattern oscillating up and down. However, the wheel of life cannot be directly translated as a linear point of reference because the conventional reality does not work in-linear but in inter-dependence and inter-woven since the dawn of time in a very comprehensive and complicated network of existence. In addition, the above wheel of life has depicted a chain of events en route for a state of balance as shown below: -

First section - A chain of activities in favour of balance i.e. congregating and upturning events

Balance --> stability --> aggregation --> agitation --> information --> knowledge --> representation --> memory --> compulsion --> ignorance --> blindness --> disorientation --> confusion --> irrationality --> impulse --> sparkling --> inkling --> volition --> awareness --> consciousness --> manas --> mind and body --> sensation --> six sense bases --> conductivity --> contact --> stimulation --> feeling --> experience --> craving --> grasping --> clinging --> unsettling --> becoming --> creation --> birth --> energising --> mobility

Second section - A chain of activities in favour of imbalance i.e. dispersing and downturning events

Mobility --> hauling --> aging --> draining --> death --> fragility --> segregation --> diffusion --> imbalance

Third section - A chain of activities in favour of balance i.e. congregating and upturning events

Imbalance --> adjustment --> alignment --> new balance

For general understanding, the basis of mechanism for the dependent nature is absence and it tags along with a blueprint of constant. The two facets of nature would always exist because nature is universal and it does not take sides; she merely maintains the equilibrium in accordance with a system that runs on perpetuity. Once again, every existence (sentient, non-sentient, or any material things) consists of energy and matter that would orientate toward a harmoniously balanced condition that is in accordance with the universal laws. In other words, all things or matters would only exist in perpetual conditions when there is a balanced circumstance. This is because when there is a balanced circumstance, there is a chance for aggregation i.e. under a balanced phenomenon, one could witness shapes or forms arising; under an imbalanced phenomenon, one could witness no shapes or forms arising and the cycle of conditional phenomena continues repeatedly.

An extract from the movie – Avatar: -

Neytiri: Our great mother does not take sides, Jake; she protects the balance of life.

Therefore, balance does not mean a devoid of duality or multiplicty, just like emptiness does not amount to nothingness. One clear example that can exemplify the dependent nature would be the orientation of a compass – an instrument used to indicate directions. The needle of a compass is magnetised and would always point toward magnetic north under any varying circusmstances. Moreover, the dependent nature of phenomena is a necessary prerequisite for energy or matter to exist; without it, the energy or matter would be impossible. In the material Universe, the elements of energy become the main source for the something that arises as in object; rather than the general perception of nothingness. Everything in the material Universe is made up of energy. Atoms and molecules are made up of energy. Our bodies, our clothes, our cars, our houses are all made up of energy but what makes them different is their vibration. Energy is always vibrating at a different frequency under the influence of conditional phenomena. Everything has its own vibrational frequency – our thoughts, our feelings, the rock, the table, the car, the animal, the plant, the tree, etc. Even colours are merely expressions of certain vibrational frequencies. These scenarios are guided by a system of universal law known as the law of vibration. In fact, the law of vibration serves as the foundation for the law of attraction.

The law of attraction states that we attract what we are sending out i.e. like attracts like, unlike repels unlike. Hence, favourable energies attract favourable energies and unfavourable energies attract unfavourable energies. Human thoughts are cosmic waves of energy that penetrate all time and space and it is the most potent vibration that can attracts what is desired or wished for. In other words, all sentient beings are electro-magnetic beings with the subtle mind consciousness that acts as an antenna or a radar detector constantly attracting and magnetising vibrational frequencies. Human thoughts are frequencies to which other similar frequencies are constantly resonating. This resonance is the basis for a universal law – the law of attraction.

At the end of the day, the material Universe is merely a momentary appearance conjured up from a continuum of orientating energy and matter in space under the influence of conditional phenomena. Just like ice, water and steam are different appearances deriving from the orientation of H2O properties under the influence of the external conditions. In other words, it is the orientation of H2O properties that has taken place to conjure up the momentary outcome of it. The dependent nature is also an inherent existence whereby it is unchanging when viewed externally, uncaused, indestructible and eternal. This can be depicted in the repeating cycle of birth, life, death and re-birth as per the wheel of life.

Space, Energy, Force and Motion

Space is actually an expression that energy exists and force refers to strength or energy as an attribute of physical action or movement. In Bernoulli’s principle, a moving fluid is akin to a force arising in liquid just like gravitational force in the vaccum of space – both are referring to the flux of energy but in a different mode of medium. At the end of the day, all the modes of medium are in the state of conservation a.k.a. constant.

Basically, energy would involve three types of motion i.e. translational, rotational and vibrational motions. This means without motion, there would be no energy in existence. And energy is merely an expression of distinctive attribute or characteristic possessed by nature. Without energy there can be no space in existence. No phenomenon would arise in the absence of space i.e. no subject and object/matter. In other words, space is a dimension i.e. an indicator for energy just like time is an indicator for event; length, width and height are indicators for size and volume.

Conventional Reality

Conventional reality is a subjective and a relative reality. This means the truth orientation is dependent on the observer (i.e. the subject’s mind) to provide with the description, definition, recognition, valuation, etc. on the other side of the object or matter. And the truth conclusion varies among different observers or minds. Just like the saying, ‘One man’s meat is another man’s poison.’ For most of the time, humans are seeing things not as they truly are but rather as they delusively are. For instance, the moon does rotate on its own axis though it may seem contrary to what our naked eyes observe. In another instance, the viewing of the earth from far and near would yield a different result to the observer’s perception altogether. The broader the perspective that one engages in, the lesser the multiplicity of things would appear to be. This means both macro and micro perspectives would yield a different end result to the observer all the time.

Static condition and Motion

As for the case of static condition, it does not mean the absence of translational, rotational and vibrational motions. The flux of energy would always present between atoms of the beings or objects under any means of transmission and this outlines the basis for the universal law of vibration and attraction in the dependent nature. Once again, space is an expression of energy and in the dependent nature, nothing stays unchanging for a slightest moment i.e. all created objects or things would inevitably go through all sorts of processes such as aggregation, segregation, evolution, mutation, assimilation, etc. under the influence of conditional phenomena all the time. By the time you think who you are, you are already not the same ‘you’ seconds ago. So where are you to find the original static of ‘you’ as you assume along every passing of moments? At the end of the day, you could only see a stream of you constantly passing by on every slightest moment - not the one stop entity of you. Just like you could not step twice into the same river; for other waters are ever flowing on to you. The stream of you would mean you are part of the becoming processes that arise in the dependent nature.

What is like attracts like?

As the saying goes, ‘It looks like me, sounds like me, but it is still not me.’ Generally speaking, ‘like’ is equivalent to ‘similar.’ However, ‘similar’ is not equivalent to ‘same.’ ‘Same’ is equivalent to ‘exactly similar’ i.e. a perfect matching. When we describe the law of attraction i.e. like attracts like, we do not literally induce a linkage between two or more objects or matters that would bear with the ‘same’ characteristics.

Let’s revisit the illustrated two facets of nature as below: -

Facet 1 => … (-2+2) + (-16+16) + (-22+22) + (-133+133) + (0) + (-54+54) …, etc = 0 <= Facet 2

Key: -

... + (-2+2) + (-54+54) + ... = this arising, that arises.

... + (0) + ... = this ceasing, that ceases.

( .... ) = the law of balancing.

-2+2 or -133+133 = the law of attraction.

From the above illustration, one would notice that the law of attraction refers to the same quantum of objects or magnitude of matters but with a difference in the direction and the timeline (as in a vector quantity). This scenario of balancing condition can be depicted in our daily act of giving and taking i.e.

The rise of unreserved taking or reward leads to the rise of accountable giving or sacrifice (unfavourable energies attract unfavourable energies),

The rise of unreserved giving or sacrifice leads to the rise of unaccountable taking or reward (favourable energies attract favourable energies).

Therefore the saying, ‘What goes around, comes around’, is pertinent to the law of attraction as described above i.e. the results of things that one has done will someday have an effect on the person who started the events (a conditional phenomenon of this arising, that arises).

Electric charge

As for the case of electric charge, we are referring a scalar quantity in relativity. Electric charge is the physical property of matter and basically, there are two types of electric charges i.e. positive and negative. For instance, an ion is a charged atom or molecule and it is charged due to the imbalanced number of electrons and the number of protons in the atom or molecule. An atom can become a positive charge or a negative charge depending on whether the number of electrons in an atom is greater or lesser than the number of protons in the atom. Therefore, a positively charged ion would be balanced with the ‘jump’ of an electron from an atom elsewhere. This scenario can be illustrated in the wheel of life appended below: -

Imbalance (a charged atom) --> adjustment --> alignment --> new balance (a neutral atom)

As mentioned earlier, nature would orientate toward a state of balance, intermediation or absence all the time. When things run off-balance in the nature, the natural law that maintains equilibrium would take its course to balance it in one way or another across time and the plane of existence. However, positively charged atoms are repelled from other positively charged atoms, but attracted to negatively charged atoms; negatively charged atoms are repelled from negative and attracted to positive. It is rational to conclude that any substances with the same characteristics would repel from one another and any substances with the complementing characteristics would attract with one another. Let’s take a look at the following illustrated mathematical equation: -

(-2+2) + (-16+16) + (-133+133) + (0) + (-54+54) = 0

Indirectly,

1. (-2+2) repels (-16+16), (-16+16) repels (-133+133), (-133+133) repels (-54+54), etc.

2. -2 attracts +2, -16 attracts +16, -133 attracts +133, -54 attracts +54, etc.

The above development is consistent with the law of attraction that safeguards a harmonious balance in the nature all the time.

What is Science?

Science is full of observable facts. And observable facts are observable facts because it doesn’t matter who does the experiment or makes the measurements. But who does the observation and the interpretation, by the way? It is the observer’s mind as a non-physical faculty integrating with the five physical faculties namely, eyes, ears, nose, tongue and body. In other words, we could mention that observable facts are dependent on the observer’s mind to to provide with the description, definition, recognition, valuation, etc. on the other side of the object or matter – therefore, it is also known as subjective facts.

However, an ultimate truth is a reality that exists beyond mind and beyond concepts and words in the sense that it is beyond our usual ways of perceiving things. Language and conception only imply that things exist in distinct manners i.e. wise person, dumb person, saint, devil, etc. - in such well-defined and independent categories. Perceiving ultimate reality is seeing that things do not exist in these fantasised, impossible ways, in black and white categories. Therefore, it is imperative for one to emphasise on seeing things or matters in all angles while pursuing the ultimate truth or reality. Without it, any conclusions made out of one’s observation would not be balanced or in a wholesome nature.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Old Jun 7th 2015, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.