Reload this Page >

Teaching in South Korea advise

Teaching in South Korea advise

Old Mar 30th 2012, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Frankeinstein is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching in South Korea advise

Hi everyone,

Ok, I am going through the process of naturalisation so that I can get a UK passport for the E2 visa and teach in South Korea. I am Italian but since child lived most of my life in England and had education in UK so all I need is the passport.

I'm looking at elementary teaching with the kids and wondered if anyone would be so kind as to share a lesson plan with me that they have wrote and taught so that I can get an idea of what teaching will be like and start modelling and creating my own lesson plans in advance so that I am one step ahead and might feel a bit more confident.

I did find a few flashcards with korean and english but not much to go on.

I've never been to Korea and going alone for a year so the step is a big one and I am so petrified of carrying out simple tasks and living there I don't know what to expect!

I have heard a lot of people have had good experiences there and lack of work in England and no other option (even if have a PGCE degree) so this has lead me to this path.

Europe is competitive and can't find any offers at the moment, Korea offers immediate start, easy to secure work and one year guaranteed work straightaway so this is good opportunity.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 9:52 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching in South Korea advise

Hi Frank, just to say welcome to BE. Hopefully someone in Korea may spot your thread and respond. Not so many posters from Korea, but you never know
Old Apr 7th 2012, 3:21 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

plenty of stuff out there, just google ESL lesson plans and see what comes up
Old May 16th 2012, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Mad Hatter is an unknown quantity at this point

I worked about 7 months in Seoul leaving before last Christmas. I was in Seoul and can tell you that it's the absolutely safest city I've ever been in. Restaurant food is excellent and moderately priced. Groceries were very expensive. Seoul public transportation is outstanding. You will not have much difficulty getting around but sometimes you will not be understood.

I was working for an Engineering company but met many expats teaching English and most seemed to like their jobs and situations.

Koreans are hard to get to know but if you are outgoing, you have a better shot at it.

Best Wishes!