Koh Samui Info Needed

Old Aug 26th 2002, 7:04 am
Just Joined

rowdyr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Koh Samui Info Needed

We are heading to Koh Samui in mid October and have decided to go the whole hog and stay at the Central Samui Beach Resort.

Does anyone have any comments about this resort - we can still choose somewhere else!

Also can anyone advise about taxis from the airport - price & availability. The transfer charges from the hotel are over the top!
Old Aug 26th 2002, 1:21 pm
Glenn De Souza

Default Re: Koh Samui Info Needed

We stayed at Central Samui in May. It is an outstanding resort, and well located in
that it is close to everything, but secluded at the same time. I think you will feel
you got your money's worth.

Don't pre-arrange an airport transfer. There is a transfer service at the little
airport. I don't remember the exact price, but I recall it being cheap. They're
mini-buses and people load on, and then the bus goes hotel to hotel.

You'll have a great time.

Glenn

"rowdyr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > We are heading to Koh Samui in mid October and have decided to go the whole hog and
    > stay at the Central Samui Beach Resort.
    > Does anyone have any comments about this resort - we can still choose
    > somewhere else!
    > Also can anyone advise about taxis from the airport - price & availability. The
    > transfer charges from the hotel are over the top!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 26th 2002, 10:52 pm
Ferdinand B.

"rowdyr" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...
    > We are heading to Koh Samui in mid October and have decided to go the whole hog and
    > stay at the Central Samui Beach Resort.
    > Does anyone have any comments about this resort - we can still choose
    > somewhere else!
    > Also can anyone advise about taxis from the airport - price & availability. The
    > transfer charges from the hotel are over the top!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

I just came back from Ko Samui. I have not stayed at Central Samui, but besides the
question of the resort, more important for me had been the choice of the beach. Be
warned, that the resort you choose is in the most crowded part of the whole island.
Many, many shops, bars, eg., permanent traffic jam on the main road, more expensive
than other beaches. If you like the atmosphere of a crowded tourist only town, then
you are in right place. But if you prefer a more quiet place I would recommend to go
to another beach. I found Lamai Beach more relaxed, even it has kind of night life
too, but on a smaller scale.

Fred

Old Aug 27th 2002, 5:20 pm
Miran Kos

yes ....Lamai and ....Aloha ressort :-) bye miran

"Ferdinand B." <[email protected]> je napisal v sporocilo news:[email protected] ...
    > "rowdyr" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > We are heading to Koh Samui in mid October and have decided to go the whole hog
    > > and stay at the Central Samui Beach Resort.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have any comments about this resort - we can still choose
    > > somewhere else!
    > >
    > > Also can anyone advise about taxis from the airport - price & availability. The
    > > transfer charges from the hotel are over the top!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >
    > I just came back from Ko Samui. I have not stayed at Central Samui, but besides the
    > question of the resort, more important for me had been the choice of the beach. Be
    > warned, that the resort you choose is in the most crowded part of the whole island.
    > Many, many shops, bars, eg., permanent traffic jam on the
main
    > road, more expensive than other beaches. If you like the atmosphere of a crowded
    > tourist only town, then you are in right place. But if you prefer
a
    > more quiet place I would recommend to go to another beach. I found Lamai Beach more
    > relaxed, even it has kind of night life too, but on a smaller scale.
    > Fred

Old Aug 28th 2002, 4:01 am
Mike

My personal favorite on Lamai is Coral Bay Resort
http://www.coralbay.net/

"Miran Kos" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > yes ....Lamai and ....Aloha ressort :-) bye miran
    > "Ferdinand B." <[email protected]> je napisal v sporocilo news:[email protected] ...
    > >
    > > "rowdyr" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > We are heading to Koh Samui in mid October and have decided to go the whole hog
    > > > and stay at the Central Samui Beach Resort.
    > > >
    > > > Does anyone have any comments about this resort - we can still choose somewhere
    > > > else!
    > > >
    > > > Also can anyone advise about taxis from the airport - price & availability. The
    > > > transfer charges from the hotel are over the top!
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > > >
    > >
    > > I just came back from Ko Samui. I have not stayed at Central Samui, but besides
    > > the question of the resort, more important for me had been the choice of the
    > > beach. Be warned, that the resort you choose is in the most crowded part of the
    > > whole island. Many, many shops, bars, eg., permanent traffic jam on the
    > main
    > > road, more expensive than other beaches. If you like the atmosphere of a crowded
    > > tourist only town, then you are in right place. But if you
prefer
    > a
    > > more quiet place I would recommend to go to another beach. I found Lamai Beach
    > > more relaxed, even it has kind of night life too, but on a smaller scale.
    > >
    > > Fred
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >