KL Schooling

Old May 13th 2007, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Lindsaylupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Question KL Schooling

Hello All

I've been looking on the internet at various international schools in KL & as we are currently based in the UK its hard to know which ones are good schools, particularly the cheaper ones (are they cheaper because they are worse than the others or not). Some of the websites are really detailed whilst others are not, so does that indicate a worse school? If anyone can give any comments on the schools I've listed below, I'd be really grateful.
ISKL
Garden International School
Fairview School
SAYFOL School

Thanks in advance
Old May 13th 2007, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

hellola is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: KL Schooling

Hello

ISKL and Garden International School are prominient international schools in KL. They both have very good reputations and high standards. ISKL is one of the most expensive from your list. Majority of students are from the large corporate oil companies community so I guess the hefty school fees are paid/subsidised by the company.

Fairview and Sayfol are on the lower priced range international schools, however, if your kids are still at primary school stage the standard of teaching my be still on par with the UK.

My eldest son attended Alice Smith International school. you may want to check out their website: www.klass.com.my Its very popular with the british expats.

Currently, my second son is attending elc International School, it is very reasonably priced, the school has a nice mix of students and are very polite and well behaved. The teachers would greet each students by their names. Check out their website: www.newsatelc.com

Hope this is of some help. I know how it is when researching for schools from afar. Good luck with your move to KL.

Hellola
Old May 13th 2007, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: KL Schooling

Originally Posted by hellola
Hello

ISKL and Garden International School are prominient international schools in KL. They both have very good reputations and high standards. ISKL is one of the most expensive from your list. Majority of students are from the large corporate oil companies community so I guess the hefty school fees are paid/subsidised by the company.

Fairview and Sayfol are on the lower priced range international schools, however, if your kids are still at primary school stage the standard of teaching my be still on par with the UK.

My eldest son attended Alice Smith International school. you may want to check out their website: www.klass.com.my Its very popular with the british expats.

Currently, my second son is attending elc International School, it is very reasonably priced, the school has a nice mix of students and are very polite and well behaved. The teachers would greet each students by their names. Check out their website: www.newsatelc.com

Hope this is of some help. I know how it is when researching for schools from afar. Good luck with your move to KL.

Hellola
Many thanks Hellola, that was really useful. We had looked at the Alice Smith website & the school looks great but expensive - in fact 1 of the things we can't get over are the enormous registration fees! Anyway we hadn't looked at the ELC school before & it looks really nice. Are the results good? Also - hope you don't mind me asking but why have you sent your 2nd son to the ELC & not Alice Smith?

My husband will be visiting KL soon prior to us possibly coming out to live, so I think he will need to view schools whilst he's there!

Thanks again.
Old May 14th 2007, 10:49 am
Just Joined

hellola is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Alice Smith School for primary schooling is fantastic, however, its very different in the secondary school campus. We found most of the students are very high achievers and very competitive. They do a wide range of sports. My second son is more on the quiet side and we found ELC more suitable for him as its more of a nurturing school. Their primary campus is very nice as its housed in their own building away from the secondary section. They maintain small classes too. There is also a gated and guarded housing community call Sierramas and Valencia with a nice golf course and clubhouse for the residents.

Its definately better to visit the schools to get a feel for yourself as each child is different and require different learning environment such as my two boys.

Do check out this website which should give more info on KL living and schools. www.expatkl.com

Let me know if you need further assistance or info.

Hellola
Old May 17th 2007, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hellola
Hi

Alice Smith School for primary schooling is fantastic, however, its very different in the secondary school campus. We found most of the students are very high achievers and very competitive. They do a wide range of sports. My second son is more on the quiet side and we found ELC more suitable for him as its more of a nurturing school. Their primary campus is very nice as its housed in their own building away from the secondary section. They maintain small classes too. There is also a gated and guarded housing community call Sierramas and Valencia with a nice golf course and clubhouse for the residents.

Its definately better to visit the schools to get a feel for yourself as each child is different and require different learning environment such as my two boys.

Do check out this website which should give more info on KL living and schools. www.expatkl.com

Let me know if you need further assistance or info.

Hellola
THanks again. Its sounds as though my eldest son is like your 2nd, & my 2nd is like your 1st! Anyway my husband is visiting KL next week so will be making appointments to see both AS & ELC, & possibly another if he has time. I'll let you know how he gets on!
Old May 21st 2008, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Mundane is an unknown quantity at this point

Frankly speaking, I would prefer to get feedbacks from people who have previously studied or worked there. These people tend to know their history and how the system actually works, whether it completely satisfies you or the parents.

I was a student in Sayfol International School, and I wouldn't recommend this to you. It is not a very healthy school as you were expecting. The quality of education they provide is not very good and any promises they made to you have always been delayed by months.

There were many other reasons too.