Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

Duty Fee's?? Sending Gifts to Vietnam?

Duty Fee's?? Sending Gifts to Vietnam?

Old May 8th 2003, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Joe_Daisy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Duty Fee's?? Sending Gifts to Vietnam?

When sending gifts to Vietnam does anyone know how much they charge for Duty Fee's? Is it only on items that are over $100? I have sent things before but they were under $100 value. There was no Duty Fee. But I have something more valueble that I need to send for a B-Day gift. Does anyone have any information on the Duty Fee's?

Thanks
Old May 11th 2003, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

mailmena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Duty Fee's?? Sending Gifts to Vietnam?

Originally posted by Joe_Daisy
When sending gifts to Vietnam does anyone know how much they charge for Duty Fee's? Is it only on items that are over $100? I have sent things before but they were under $100 value. There was no Duty Fee. But I have something more valueble that I need to send for a B-Day gift. Does anyone have any information on the Duty Fee's?

Thanks
Hi,

I never sent things to vietnam so I can't help you. It's good that you are checking into it because I sent my sister (in australia) a used laptop which I got for over 3 years. She was charged $200 AUD for it at customs.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Ceiniog is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Duty Fee's?? Sending Gifts to Vietnam?

Originally Posted by Joe_Daisy

Thanks
I lived in Hanoi for 3 years and any parcels that were sent to me or my family were charged with a duty that the post officer decided on the day and on any whim that they decreed. Of course nearer to Christmas the duty went up!!!!!

I would recommend that you don't put a value on the green sticker or just put as a gift 5 pounds value and hope that the duty officer thinks that it isnt' worth anything and it goes through..... I suppose it depends on how big the gift is.

Good luck!