Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

What an amazing place Austria is I think I have changed my mind

What an amazing place Austria is I think I have changed my mind

Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default What an amazing place Austria is I think I have changed my mind

No I haven't got it wrong, we have just got back from Austria and what a beautiful country and people. Thankfully I speak basic german so was able to get about and on ok. Told hubby we want to come here instead

I would love to go back even though we where the youngest on the plane. It was so more relaxed.

Saw a t shirt out there saying Austria doesn't do Kangaroos with the Ozzy roadsign for roos on it really funny byt didn't get it wish I had now.

Hope everyone is well and all your plans are going great. We are hoping to get the house on the market in the next couple of weeks.

Carrianne x
Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:40 am
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What an amazing place Austria is I think I have changed my mind

Originally posted by Carrianne
No I haven't got it wrong, we have just got back from Austria and what a beautiful country and people. Thankfully I speak basic german so was able to get about and on ok. Told hubby we want to come here instead

I would love to go back even though we where the youngest on the plane. It was so more relaxed.

Saw a t shirt out there saying Austria doesn't do Kangaroos with the Ozzy roadsign for roos on it really funny byt didn't get it wish I had now.

Hope everyone is well and all your plans are going great. We are hoping to get the house on the market in the next couple of weeks.

Carrianne x
I thought Vienna was very nice, but very pissed off that the museums don't seem to have much in English.. Nice choc shops though
Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Didn't manage up to Vienna as it was 5 and a half hours away from where we where staying in Zell Am See, but did manage to do my Julie Andrews thing on a hill and went to see Hitlers nest from my favourite series in the uk the band of brothers.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 3:32 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Carrianne x

Now your talking White Horse Inn St Wolfgang , we had a great couple of weeks there.

http://www.weissesroessl.at/

http://www.weissesroessl.at/en/movies.shtml

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 15th 2003 at 5:37 am.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Carrianne x
I can see where you are coming from. The fact is, that a lot of European countries are FAR better places to live than Australia - unfortunately their inhabitants have a nasty habit of speaking a language other than English, so people opt for the easy option, albeit a second-choice one!
Old Jul 15th 2003, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

it's on my list for places to retire to though as it is so nice. Ned to start saving though for a house there
Old Jul 15th 2003, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

What can I say Carrianne except, totally agree.

Austria is one of our all time favs. We have been to Abtenau, Neiderau, Salzburg and Linz (My friend actually lives there, bitch! )

Like you we did the visit to Hiltlers Eagles nest in Berchtesgarten (good Schnapps distillery nearby )

I notice you live in Scotland. Have you had an opportunity to Holiday in the Highlands. The area around Inverness is also Breathtaking. Ahh the memories.

Regards

Sindy

Last edited by Sindy; Jul 15th 2003 at 9:06 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot to add, my husband, Bill, did buy the T shirt you mentioned!

Auf Wiedersehen für jetzt

Sindy
Old Jul 15th 2003, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Sindy,

No didn't buy it there was a beer festival on so my money kinda went elsewhere

I will go back not sure when but I will go.

Glad someone else loves it too.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 6:15 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say a few words in favour of good old Austria, since I love her to bits. Anyone into skiing, Austria is pure heaven. Not even expensive! Provided you are here and have your own equipment, skiing works out at about 15 Euros a day for liftpass plus 10 Euros for food + booze. Hotel: normally 30 Euros a night.

Austrians are far from the mechanical, unfriendly, put-your-towel-on-the-deckchair-at-5am Germans you might fear (not including Bavarians - they're great! Bavarians are just like Italians in loads of respects). They're just plain nice + friendly.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Another lover good to see, I have never been in winter but would love to snowboard there
Old Jul 15th 2003, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

fastfox is an unknown quantity at this point

Great place. We've been there only one month ago. Dont miss Vienna.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Carrianne x

Hi Carrianne

we got engaged at Zell Am See, fab place, have spent alot of time in Vienna as uncle lives there, put it on your list of places to go b4 you leave!

did the sound of music tour too (don't knock it til you've tried it!), it has to be done and go snowboarding too in winter.......it does take some beating!

Teresa
Old Jul 16th 2003, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi teresa,

We didn't manage to get to Vienna as the tour was cancelled. We where going to get married in Zell em See but decided against it as most people would not be able to make it across, what a shame.

Just Italy to do now and don't think I'll get there as I have no holidays left in work
Old Jul 16th 2003, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hi teresa,

We didn't manage to get to Vienna as the tour was cancelled. We where going to get married in Zell em See but decided against it as most people would not be able to make it across, what a shame.

Just Italy to do now and don't think I'll get there as I have no holidays left in work

Bit like us, long list of places to visit, with not alot of hols left, trying to grab some weekends away here and there now.

..but the list keeps getting longer, the more places we think of......oh well will have a whole new load of places to visit soon, at least it keeps you busy til you go!

Teresa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.