Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Warm all year round place in EU?

Warm all year round place in EU?

Old Dec 18th 2005, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

onigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Warm all year round place in EU?

Hi

Im looking to buy some property in eu. I have some criteria thoug (heh obviously). Id like to find a nice all year round place in eu. Would be nice ofcourse if it was a english speaking country and with the possibility to buy seafront property or land.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking Maderia as one place, but im still spelunking.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:57 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Warm all year round place in EU?

Gibraltar?

-Becs
Old Dec 27th 2005, 11:34 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onigen
Hi

Im looking to buy some property in eu. I have some criteria thoug (heh obviously). Id like to find a nice all year round place in eu. Would be nice ofcourse if it was a english speaking country and with the possibility to buy seafront property or land.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking Maderia as one place, but im still spelunking.
Cyprus I think is a good bet.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 12:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Cyprus I think is a good bet.

Maybe Malta?

Neither Malta nor Cyprus are really English speaking, although English ability is widespread.

If one was willing to learn French, then maybe Martinique, Guadeloupe or French Guiana. As far as I know these places are integral parts of France and don't have special immigration controls.

Jeremy
Old Dec 29th 2005, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

onigen is an unknown quantity at this point

All good suggestions, gonna have to check more into those.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

mka2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Becs
Gibraltar?

-Becs

winter does get rather wet and windy, but its a short winter.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 9:15 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Maybe Malta?

Neither Malta nor Cyprus are really English speaking, although English ability is widespread.

If one was willing to learn French, then maybe Martinique, Guadeloupe or French Guiana. As far as I know these places are integral parts of France and don't have special immigration controls.

Jeremy
English is the second language in Malta. Everyone speaks it fluently together wt other languages. Winters r usually short and mild. Exception for this winter tho as it seems to be very cold. Property will be very exp tho esp seafront......

Anything u need to know about Malta............. Just gimmie a shout in the ME section
Old Mar 12th 2006, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

woodruff is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Warm all year round place in EU?

Originally Posted by Malteser
English is the second language in Malta. Everyone speaks it fluently together wt other languages. Winters r usually short and mild. Exception for this winter tho as it seems to be very cold. Property will be very exp tho esp seafront......

Anything u need to know about Malta............. Just gimmie a shout in the ME section

Did you emgrate to Malta or are you maltesse, we would like to visit as we are looking to move abroad, but not sure where, can you suggest an area for us to stay in.
My parents live in Cyprus, but the heat in the summer is so hot im not sure we would cope with it.
Would you know if the primary schools are much the same as in England,better or worse?
thanks for your time
Old Mar 12th 2006, 4:42 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodruff
Did you emgrate to Malta or are you maltesse, we would like to visit as we are looking to move abroad, but not sure where, can you suggest an area for us to stay in.
My parents live in Cyprus, but the heat in the summer is so hot im not sure we would cope with it.
Would you know if the primary schools are much the same as in England,better or worse?
thanks for your time
I am Maltese tho not living in Malta at the mo.

Well u would prob prefer to stay somewhere near the sea. St.Julians, Sliema, St.Pauls, Bugibba, Qawra, Mellieha are all seaside tourist areas full of beaches, some sandy and some rocky. Malts's summer can be hot yess but not that common to be really really hot. Max temperature would be 30/32, more than that would be a heatwave usually lasting only a couple of days. U should look for an apartment wt ac. All hotels have air conditioners but some apartments might not have it so better be on the safe side. Its important to have a good sleep and the only way in summer to to have aircon. I should think its very similar to Cyprus tho I have never been there yet.

Regarding schools we do follow the british curriculum in Malta as well so it would be the same as in UK tho the Maltese are very fussy wt schooling and not as easygoing as the british. Kids tend to get a lot of homework which is the opposite of what they do in the british schools. I know cos my kids here go to a british school and its so easygoing (fantastic for parents). There are the government schools and of course there are the private schools. Governments schools differ depending on the area. If its a good area then the school is good, if its a so so area then the school wouldnt be that good.

Hope its been helpful. ANything else u need just gimmie a shout