Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal

Uk passport renewal

Old Jan 10th 2024, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Apexx90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk passport renewal

Hi,

I am due to travel from Malta to UK and back, however my passport will be more than 10 years old upon my return.

Can I fly to UK and pay for fast track and return on new passport to Malta?

I am a uk national with maltese residency
Old Jan 11th 2024, 10:53 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport renewal

Originally Posted by Apexx90
Hi,

I am due to travel from Malta to UK and back, however my passport will be more than 10 years old upon my return.

Can I fly to UK and pay for fast track and return on new passport to Malta?

I am a uk national with maltese residency
Yes, you can and you can do it legally as things changed a few years ago. Only problem, when I looked into it, you could only book an appointment max 15 days ahead.
Old Feb 14th 2024, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Yes, you can and you can do it legally as things changed a few years ago. Only problem, when I looked into it, you could only book an appointment max 15 days ahead.
So, I take it you fly to the UK with the old passport, appointment 15 days ahead, required photographs to hand, visit a HM Passport Office in the UK, get the passport on the same day, if not within a week, and fly back with the new one.

For a renewal they don't ask for anything apart for the old passport? No references or guarantors?
Old Feb 22nd 2024, 9:21 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
So, I take it you fly to the UK with the old passport, appointment 15 days ahead, required photographs to hand, visit a HM Passport Office in the UK, get the passport on the same day, if not within a week, and fly back with the new one.
For a renewal they don't ask for anything apart for the old passport? No references or guarantors?
Sorry only just seen this. By references do you mean a signed photo? If you do, it depends. For a simple renewal, you don't need the photo signed unless your appearance has changed. That's the same even if you do it from abroad. However, renewals from abroad require proof address. That's not needed if you renew in the UK.