UK Female With Mexican Fiancé

UK Female With Mexican Fiancé

Old Oct 2nd 2011, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

EmzyD23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Female With Mexican Fiancé

Hey

Need some help and advice from some people. Let me explain my story

'm 24 years old and i have a 2 year old son by my previous partner, currently in college doing 2 days a week which finishes next June. I'm Engaged to a Mexican who i have known for over a year and has been a family friend for over 5, speaks very good English and passed a English exam back at home. He has a degree in Biochemical Engineering.

We decided that we want to move in with each other after i finished college but need to know what the best way and properly way of doing this is. We want to get married next September or before which i shall be doing over in Mexico has he has a larger family then me, but we want to live back in England due to my son seeing his dad.

Can you please help and advice me on a few questions i have.

1. If i get married in Mexico what type of documents would i need to Marry a Mexican Citizen and vice versa?

2. If my partner was to apply on a working visa would we still be able to get married and vice versa, would he be able to work on a partner visa?

please help, we dont want to be apart for too long, and we need to know the easiest and quickest ways of doing so.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of
Default Re: UK Female With Mexican Fiancé

Hello and congratulations on your coming marriage!

If you are planning to live in England, and you are a UK citizen/passport holder, then your spouse, regardless of his nationality, has the right to live and work in the UK. Check out this link:

http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/citiz...01262483a332ea

I can't help with question 1, but whatever you do, you'll need to make sure you have all the marriage certificates/documents from Mexico translated and apostilled to make things easier when you get back to the UK to live. I don't know the exact procedure but it'll be a pain in the butt getting anything after you've left Mexico, so just get everything you can think off and bring it with you.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

thank you that pages has explained alot, just need to know about the documents now.

thanks again
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know if you've tried, but you could always post on the Mexico sub-forum?
http://tinyurl.com/3htkauq
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Fab idea thanks