Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Are there any expert shoppers out there?

Are there any expert shoppers out there?

Old Jan 21st 2004, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

ttbr2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are there any expert shoppers out there?

Hi everyone,

We have the bug i'm afraid, we are sick of the English weather and feel very drawn to living somewhere more laid back with lots more sunshine. Although having said that I think it will be a long time before we move to Spain permanently. We want to wait until the children have finished their education here first (they are five and eight at the moment and are very happy at their current school).

We are learning Spanish and trying to learn everything we can about Spainish laws, taxes, employment etc.

We are still currently living in England but are purchasing an apartment near Estpona which is due to be finished in about three months. We therefore have to furnish it.

I wonder, could someone please recommend some shops to us. We did visit some furniture shops on our last visit but each time we walked through the door we noticed that they all seemed to be owned by the same company 'Sir Nicks'. We would like to try somewhere different but reasonably priced.

We also need things like bedspreads, lamps, pictures, electrical goods etc etc etc. We would be so grateful for any help anyone can give us. We have been told that El Corte Ingles is just like our Debenhams. Is that true?

Thanking you in anticipation.