Switzerland

Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:24 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Switzerland

Just curious, but why isn't there a Switzerland section under Europe?
There are thousands of expats in the Schweiz... doesn't anyone on BE work/live there or plan to?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switzerland

Not enough posts I'm afraid to warrant it.

We were asked over and over again to start a Hungary forum (which we did) but now no one posts on it!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:28 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

that's a pity

thanks for letting me know.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:31 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

The English Swiss have there own very succesful forum on the web

Google "english forum switzerland"

I used it as a very good resouce when i looked into moving to switzerland last year
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:36 pm
happy daisy

Originally Posted by MikeUK

I used it as a very good resouce when i looked into moving to switzerland last year
thanks Mike!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK

Thanks Mike, thats a really good example as to why we cant get a swiss forum running here!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:43 pm
happy daisy

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Thanks Mike, thats a really good example as to why we cant get a swiss forum running here!
hahaha i wish that other forum was part of this one :0)
Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Give the people what they want... not allways what BE whants to give
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:12 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Give the people what they want... not allways what BE whants to give
Well .... if swiss expats posted on here we WOULD give them what they want, but as long as they are diverted away from here then ... well ... we wont be able to will we!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Well .... if swiss expats posted on here we WOULD give them what they want, but as long as they are diverted away from here then ... well ... we wont be able to will we!
Looks like you missed the boat on that one then, as the swiss say " zu wenig zu schpaat"
Old Dec 25th 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

Genau.

But to be serious though English Forum is so much more than is covered here on BE. If you just have look around all the different parts. There are sooo many aspects to living in Switzerland that the standard 3 categories that BE gives just isn't enough. English forum has far more categories because life in CH is just far more complicated.

I like BE and for me in Canada it is just fine but it does make me cross when BE won't accept that it can't be all forums to all people. It would be great if there was a link to English forum to help.
Old Dec 26th 2009, 8:20 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by misplacedheidi
I like BE and for me in Canada it is just fine but it does make me cross when BE won't accept that it can't be all forums to all people. It would be great if there was a link to English forum to help.
I think you are missing something though . At the end of the day, BE is a business, just like the majority of forums in webland. (BTW its not my business, and I dont get paid!)

So .... if you owned a shop in the high street, would you allow the shop down the road in the same line of business to come in and put a placard up in your shop advertising their shop?
Old Dec 26th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are missing something though . At the end of the day, BE is a business, just like the majority of forums in webland. (BTW its not my business, and I dont get paid!)

So .... if you owned a shop in the high street, would you allow the shop down the road in the same line of business to come in and put a placard up in your shop advertising their shop?
Not really. There is room for specialized forums as well as general forums. I lived in CH and know what English forum achieves. Perhaps if you spend some time looking around that website you would see what I mean. BE cannot possibly cover all these elements.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by misplacedheidi
Not really. There is room for specialized forums as well as general forums. I lived in CH and know what English forum achieves. Perhaps if you spend some time looking around that website you would see what I mean. BE cannot possibly cover all these elements.
Das darf er nid
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:42 am
Just Joined

manwithavan is an unknown quantity at this point

Not enough posts I'm afraid to warrant it.

We were asked over and over again to start a Hungary forum (which we did) but now no one posts on it!
I agree, there should be a Swiss section.
I'm in Geneva & about 50% of people here are expats- over 10,000 English speakers in this area.
True, there are other ex-pat sites here (OK, I won't name them) but BE can link ex-pats in other countries to those in Switzerland.
A lot of people here didn't come directly from the UK so it would be useful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.