Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Swiss sub-thread.

Swiss sub-thread.

Old May 12th 2016, 5:44 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swiss sub-thread.

Hello all.

There may be more of you British expats in Switzerland than have come forward so far, so please feel free to anchor posts here.

Cheers,
Bob

Thanks to Jerseygirl for the hint on etiquette.

We had heard of etiquette back in the '80s in Buckinghamshire, but I always thought it was some kind of sausage.
Old May 23rd 2016, 6:16 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swiss sub-thread.

The silence is deafening.

Are there any Brits established in Valais - Sion or thereabouts - who are members here?

Valais is currently option 4 on my list.

Cheers,
Bob
Old Jul 24th 2016, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Carolyn7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they're all on the englishforum.ch I'm in Ticino.

Carolyn
Old Jul 25th 2016, 3:20 pm
Gloves off

Thanks Carolyn, I had guessed as much.

I go there as a guest on occasion, but find it has emphasis a bit on the wrong side of the rosti barrier for me.

I remember that a couple of years back when I was in Tessin/Ticino I heard Swiss German being spoken more than Italian, which surprised me a little bit. Mind you, I was in a pretty touristy area, Ascona.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 8:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
The silence is deafening.
Maybe they're all Masters in their relationships.
Perhaps the submissives are awaiting permission.
Old Aug 16th 2016, 9:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Carolyn7
I think they're all on the englishforum.ch I'm in Ticino.

Carolyn
Well, bring 'em on over here

I've a couple of good friends living in Switzerland at the moment, He was transferred with his work. They seem to be really living the life and the kids are doing well.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

mah88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know the requirements for moving to Switzerland as a Colombian national? Thanks!
Old Nov 7th 2016, 6:36 pm
Gloves off

Originally Posted by mah88
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know the requirements for moving to Switzerland as a Colombian national? Thanks!
I think that would depend on whether you have a firm offer of employment in Switzerland or not.

Either that or a huge amount of savings...

Old Nov 8th 2016, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

I think that would depend on whether you have a firm offer of employment in Switzerland or not.

Either that or a huge amount of savings...

No firm offer and no huge savings either.

But I don't get how you see African selling crap on the streets, or Asians/Latin Americans working in restaurants etc. Surely they don't have a visa paid for by work or huge savings.

So if a Colombian doesn't have a firm offer or huge savings, is it still legally possible?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 1:13 pm
Gloves off

Originally Posted by mah88
No firm offer and no huge savings either.

But I don't get how you see African selling crap on the streets, or Asians/Latin Americans working in restaurants etc. Surely they don't have a visa paid for by work or huge savings.

So if a Colombian doesn't have a firm offer or huge savings, is it still legally possible?
I can't really comment on that in a politically correct fashion, but I happen to know of a few second and third generation Asian people living and working here legitimately.

A link that may assist you:

https://www.ch.ch/en/entry-stay-switzerland/

Also see the official Swiss federation site, most pages are in English, some not as one drills down a bit.

https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start.html

Good luck!
Old Nov 9th 2016, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

I can't really comment on that in a politically correct fashion, but I happen to know of a few second and third generation Asian people living and working here legitimately.

A link that may assist you:

https://www.ch.ch/en/entry-stay-switzerland/

Also see the official Swiss federation site, most pages are in English, some not as one drills down a bit.

https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start.html

Good luck!
Thanks but this is mostly for EU citizens or assumes you have a job. So basically you have to have a job offer before moving to Switzerland if you are non-EU?