Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Some help for a newbie to Warsaw?

Some help for a newbie to Warsaw?

Old Jul 12th 2007, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

patr1ck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some help for a newbie to Warsaw?

I am going to Warsaw in September to study for a year, possibly two. However, I am having real trouble finding a place to rent on a long-term basis. Has anybody any tips on where I should be looking to rent (online site or something like that which are in English?)

Also, my knowledge is limited to say the least, so if anybody could recommend any areas which are good to live in, which are not, I’d be really grateful.

Finally, I have seen vast differences in prices of places to rent. What kind of prices would I be looking at? Either a 1 bedroom flat or more ideally sharing with somebody, maybe renting a room from them?

Thanks very much

Patrick
Old Jul 19th 2007, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

chrisde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some help for a newbie to Warsaw?

Hi Patrick,

from what I know, there are very affordable flats around, the variation in price is a fact though, even with similar location, as the places are very differently done up / in a very different state.

Generally it should be possible for you to find something like that for less than 2000 pln per months somewhwere along Marszalkowska street or similar.

HOpe that helps!

You can always check expats-in-poland.com for more info.

btw: a few of us are meeting up on Friday so feel free to come along.

Cheers

Chris
Old Jul 21st 2007, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Jon Young is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some help for a newbie to Warsaw?

Patrick, I've only just arrived so I can't really help much but I was told to avoid Praga because its meant to be a bit rough but I haven't had a chance to go there yet so I can't say for sure. I'm living in Mirow which is pretty central (about 10min walk from Staro Miasto - the old town). To be honest, there seems to be a pretty good bus or tram service everywhere so don't worry about the location too much.

Good luck!