Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Sell Endowment Policy from NL

Sell Endowment Policy from NL

Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:36 am
Just Joined

newsreader21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sell Endowment Policy from NL

I currently live in Amsterdam but have a UK endowment policy which I wish to sell, I was thinking of (SNIP) because I heard they were the largest in the UK.

Has anyone had any experience with them, or any others they can recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jun 24th 2008 at 11:08 am. Reason: Removed unsolicited commercial URL & name - pse refer to posting rules thanks
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sell Endowment Policy from NL

I used to work in the endowment section of one of the big assurance companies and dealt with many of these types of companies, although I have never heard of this one. Some of our customers, the ones who hold the original policy, would approach several of these companies and then go with the one who offered them the highest price for their policy. From your perspective that's the only real difference between them, how much they are willing to pay.

One thing to bear in mind though is that an endowment policy is a life insurance policy as well as a savings policy. And one thing people often don't realise is that if they sell the policy they are still the life assured on the policy. This cannot be changed. So if you die prematurely, a complete stranger will benefit from your death. That bothers me.