Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

security grills

security grills

Old Feb 4th 2006, 1:30 pm
Stan G

Stan G is an unknown quantity at this point
Question security grills

Hope someone can help me, we are in the process of buying a duplex in Hurchillo and I am looking to have security grills fitted to one door and one window, i have been quoted over 750 euros, could anyone tell me if this is a fair price, it is difficult to find out as we are still living in England (not for much longer we hope). thanks, Stan.

Last edited by Stan G; Feb 4th 2006 at 2:38 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 3:05 pm
What mysterious smile?

La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: security grills

Not sure where Hurchillo is tho.

I would recommend that you check if the price also includes:
labour, making good after grills installation, such as, repairs to walls and matching exterior walls finish,
as well as repairs and redecorating to interior wall damage.

It is incredible how much mess workers can make when fitting grills, usually the room on the other side has to be touched up with light fillers as hairline cracks appear around windows and doors while the workers prepare holes for fittings the grills, this means that usually the interior wall has to be repainted.

If all the above are included then the price seems fair.

Hope this is of some help.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:16 pm
Stan G

Stan G is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by La Joconde
Not sure where Hurchillo is tho.

I would recommend that you check if the price also includes:
labour, making good after grills installation, such as, repairs to walls and matching exterior walls finish,
as well as repairs and redecorating to interior wall damage.

It is incredible how much mess workers can make when fitting grills, usually the room on the other side has to be touched up with light fillers as hairline cracks appear around windows and doors while the workers prepare holes for fittings the grills, this means that usually the interior wall has to be repainted.

If all the above are included then the price seems fair.

Hope this is of some help.
Thanks very much for the info, did not realise so much work was involved. Hurchillo is a small village in orihuela. thanks again stan
Old Mar 31st 2006, 10:44 am
Just Joined

martincostello is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stan G
Hope someone can help me, we are in the process of buying a duplex in Hurchillo and I am looking to have security grills fitted to one door and one window, i have been quoted over 750 euros, could anyone tell me if this is a fair price, it is difficult to find out as we are still living in England (not for much longer we hope). thanks, Stan.

Stan,
If you want to contact buyers in the Olivia duplex in hurchillo please refer to eye on spain and register with them. It' free
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martincostello
Stan,
If you want to contact buyers in the Olivia duplex in hurchillo please refer to eye on spain and register with them. It' free
Oy, no poaching, try the Spain forum here.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

monty8843 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stan G

Sounds a bit steep. Take a look at <rejagard.co.uk> after spending that much you may want look after them.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:27 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Reason for closure is pretty obvious. ;-)) (no pun intended)