Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

School's Convalidation

School's Convalidation

Old Aug 14th 2004, 6:22 pm
mr cid

cidshock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School's Convalidation

I have 2 children both girls 12 & 10yr old. I am looking at Spanish schools and international. Can any one tell me how easy it is to register them for school. I have read about CONVALIDATON but dont really understand what this is. Do i need to get this done before we move to spain as some one said it takes 6 month. If i need it where do i get it done and can it be done in England?
Old Aug 14th 2004, 7:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School's Convalidation

Originally Posted by cidshock
I have 2 children both girls 12 & 10yr old. I am looking at Spanish schools and international. Can any one tell me how easy it is to register them for school. I have read about CONVALIDATON but dont really understand what this is. Do i need to get this done before we move to spain as some one said it takes 6 month. If i need it where do i get it done and can it be done in England?
my girls are at International school here in Sapin & basically we just had to get their records and references from their previous schools.
I have friends whose children attend Spanish schools and they had to sign on the Padron, visit the Casa de Cultura and register the chidren there, with much form filling in both cases of course!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:22 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

The Spanish school your child attends will be dependant on where you live. There is a certain distance and when my 5 year old niece was enrolling the local policeman literally went out on his motorbike to measure the distance from her house to the school to make sure it was within limits.

You also need to show..

Proof of immunisation and have a medical

Birth Cert

Proof of residence

As my niece was 5 she didn't have any credits to confirm so didn't need to go through the convalidation.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

macintyre is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there

do you know what the rules are for gran canaria as regards enroling kids, my two are 3 and 13 or will be by the time we move, any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

nina