Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Renting in Bulgaria

Renting in Bulgaria

Old Feb 6th 2023, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

PiggyMalone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting in Bulgaria

Wife and I are moving to Varna, Bulgaria beginning of March for several months to WFH.
Can anyone give some summary advice please about renting? Ie. Are rentals heated? Are electricity prices high? Any other things to watch out for?

Many thanks!
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:01 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting in Bulgaria

Originally Posted by PiggyMalone
Wife and I are moving to Varna, Bulgaria beginning of March for several months to WFH.
Can anyone give some summary advice please about renting? Ie. Are rentals heated? Are electricity prices high? Any other things to watch out for?

Many thanks!
Hi, no idea about renting, but if neither of you has an EU Passport and you intend to work from home, have you acquired the appropriate Visa? Your present Status elsewhere in Europe won't be exportable.... Presumably Bulgaria has the same "law of the bum" as elsewhere in the EU, i.e. where you're sat working, there you pay your Contributions and Income Tax, unless your employer elsewhere is taking care of all that. Take no notice if your employment status has already been legally settled!
Old Feb 7th 2023, 7:51 am
Just Joined

PiggyMalone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renting in Bulgaria

Yep, understand about the 90 day travel visa and about the D-Visa requirements, thanks.