Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

relocating to the UK

relocating to the UK

Old Feb 25th 2016, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

bola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: relocating to the UK

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You'll be an international student until you have lived in the UK for three years even though you are a British citizen. If you live in Scotland the rules might be different.
Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2016, 8:09 am
Just Joined

bola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond reputebola14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The Bank Account can be the most difficult part of it. When you register with a doctor, take your passport to prove your right to stay here. They may not ask for it but........................After years of dealing with hostile bureaucrats in the Middle East ,the Third World and in Eastern Europe, it was amazingly easy for me when I resettled in Britain after many years away.
thanks for that idea,will carry my passport for all my dealings ,just in case
Old Feb 26th 2016, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Live in Scotland for 3 years before your studies begin and you are a Scottish resident. This has an impact on the level of fees you pay.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
Live in Scotland for 3 years before your studies begin and you are a Scottish resident. This has an impact on the level of fees you pay.
Thanks,
just thinking of how to fit in properly and be able to get a good employment.3yrs is such a longtime. i just hope getting a job will be easy
Old Feb 26th 2016, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bola14
Thanks,
just thinking of how to fit in properly and be able to get a good employment.3yrs is such a longtime. i just hope getting a job will be easy
What is your profession? What skills/experience do you have?

While the UK does not have a high unemployment rate there ARE people out of work and with the EU there are plenty of skilled/experienced people looking for work so employers are not short of choice.

You should have resources to last a few months while you job search.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
What is your profession? What skills/experience do you have?

While the UK does not have a high unemployment rate there ARE people out of work and with the EU there are plenty of skilled/experienced people looking for work so employers are not short of choice.

You should have resources to last a few months while you job search.
am an administrator by profession,yea. I should v resources for awhile but one needs work to survive on d long run.
and thks for your contribution
Old Feb 26th 2016, 9:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

am an administrator by profession,yea. I should v resources for awhile but one needs work to survive on d long run.
Please write your posts in plain English, using text speak just makes a lot of people ignore the posts because they don't know what they mean. 'I should v resources' what does the v mean, it's got me beaten.
Old Feb 26th 2016, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes of course one needs to work to survive long term, but you have never lived in the UK, there are plenty of people who can admin work, and although you are going to have accommodation to start with, don't underestimate how long it might take you to find work - hence the resources.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Please write your posts in plain English, using text speak just makes a lot of people ignore the posts because they don't know what they mean. 'I should v resources' what does the v mean, it's got me beaten.

I imagine "v" is have, and "d" is the.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Sorry about that.
"V" is have .
And thanks for the contribution
Old Feb 27th 2016, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yes of course one needs to work to survive long term, but you have never lived in the UK, there are plenty of people who can admin work, and although you are going to have accommodation to start with, don't underestimate how long it might take you to find work - hence the resources.
OK,thank u,I appreciate
Old Feb 28th 2016, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

This idea of communicating by code (V=have, D=the and U=you) reminds me of the Two Ronnies' "Swedish Made Simple" sketch:

In the case of the Two Ronnies it was humorous. On this forum it is just annoying.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teejaydee
This idea of communicating by code (V=have, D=the and U=you) reminds me of the Two Ronnies' "Swedish Made Simple" sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc3M1nppd3c

In the case of the Two Ronnies it was humorous. On this forum it is just annoying.
One of the great good fortunes we have is that English has become the world's lingua franca.
As such, it is used in many different ways by many different people(s).

It is precisely that freedom that has led to its success. Personally I relish it.