QROPS

Old Jan 9th 2012, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

Matthew Nash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: QROPS

I note with interest the many comments made on this subject.

FPC = GCSE, can't argue with that.
Taking funds out of a final salary scheme = madness, in most cases yes.
Consultation period on draft legislation = token gesture ,absolutely.
QROPS advice = Unrealistic high commissions, in many cases yes.

With all that said, QROPS may be suitable for many expats; but for many it will not. In addition there may be specific expats who could benefit from acting now, rather than completing a transfer post April.

<snip>

Last edited by Sue; Jan 9th 2012 at 10:28 pm. Reason: As per our site rules please don't post links to your own site.
Old Jan 10th 2012, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Otto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QROPS

Originally Posted by Matthew Nash
I note with interest the many comments made on this subject.

FPC = GCSE, can't argue with that.
Taking funds out of a final salary scheme = madness, in most cases yes.
Consultation period on draft legislation = token gesture ,absolutely.
QROPS advice = Unrealistic high commissions, in many cases yes.

With all that said, QROPS may be suitable for many expats; but for many it will not. In addition there may be specific expats who could benefit from acting now, rather than completing a transfer post April.

<snip>
I can think of a handful of situations, where people might want to act now ( assuming a transfer is the right thing to do in their case).

As for transferring out of a DB scheme. People offshore are not usually offered a critical yield analysis( as this is not a requirement, unlike in the UK). Had people been offered this, I wonder how many would have decided to stay put in their final salary scheme? This suggestion is often countered by comments about the possiblility of the scheme going under and that people should transfer out before this happens. I am sure you have seen the adverts!