Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Please help me choose among 3 Amalfi coast hotels

Please help me choose among 3 Amalfi coast hotels

Old Apr 16th 2002, 1:07 am
Just Joined

hess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help me choose among 3 Amalfi coast hotels

My husband, 8-year old and some friends will be spending 3 weeks in the Amalfi/Sorrento area this July--two weeks in a villa overlooking both gulfs, (Sant'Agata sui due Golfi) so we'll have day trip access to both sides of the peninsula.

My question is: we have several days on either side of the two weeks, and my husband and son would like both a charming town in walking distance and easy access to "real" swimming (not a pool). Luxury is definitely not as important as location, and we're veteran Italian travelers. We'll be spending lots of time in both Positano and Sorrento anyway, so those don't seem like the best candidates. We've narrowed it down to the Alfonso al Mare in Marina di Praia, the Aurora in Amalfi, or the Cetus in Cetara. Any thoughts on these or other suggestions?

Thanks!