Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

My UK License has been cancelled 3 years ago as I had to leave UK but comin

My UK License has been cancelled 3 years ago as I had to leave UK but comin

Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

a4ahsansaab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My UK License has been cancelled 3 years ago as I had to leave UK but comin

Hi, my uk license got cancelled when I had to leave UK 3 years ago as I came for my mum who was having a medical treatment in the UK and we were getting visa extentions for her private medical and as soon It was done we left but now I am coming back to UK. All I need to know what do I have to do now to get my license back. I still got my license and the counterpart. Can someone please advice? My license is free from any points. I just dont want to do it all over again

Last edited by Rosemary; Feb 25th 2019 at 9:50 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My UK License has been cancelled 3 years ago as I had to leave UK but comin

Originally Posted by a4ahsansaab
Hi, my uk license got cancelled when I had to leave UK 3 years ago as I came for my mum who was having a medical treatment in the UK and we were getting visa extentions for her private medical and as soon It was done we left but now I am coming back to UK. All I need to know what do I have to do now to get my license back. I still got my license and the counterpart. Can someone please advice? My license is free from any points.
Contact DVLA. Presumably you will need to obtain an updated licence with your new address in the UK?

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 25th 2019 at 9:52 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My UK License has been cancelled 3 years ago as I had to leave UK but comin

How did your licence “get cancelled” if you still have it? Do you mean expired? Either way you jut need to renew it with your new address and a new photo if the photo card has expired. Go to a Post Office and ask for Form D1.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 3:21 am
Just Joined

a4ahsansaab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, it got cancelled as we came to UK for Mums medical treatment ans we were getting extentions until our medical complete. Once it was all done, we had to leave. As soon as I leave we received a letter on our UK address and your license has been cancelled coz u no longer live in the UK. Now I got married to a UK girl and I have just yesterday got my UK Entry Visa ( Spouse Visa ) and I am coming back with in 4 weeks time. My only concern is do I have to pass it all over again

Last edited by a4ahsansaab; Feb 26th 2019 at 3:27 am.
Old Feb 26th 2019, 3:54 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a4ahsansaab
... My only concern is do I have to pass it all over again
No, as you have already been advised, you just need to complete the right form and it will be reissued with your new address.