Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Moving To Slovakia - any advice on what I need to do

Moving To Slovakia - any advice on what I need to do

Old May 14th 2015, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

speckysimon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving To Slovakia - any advice on what I need to do

Hi all, I am moving to Slovakia in the summer, my wife and children moved over at Easter (she is Slovakian) and I am working out the school year then moving over myself.

I just wondered if anyone knew what things I should do both this side while still in the UK and then when I am over there?

Thanks in advance for your advice
Simon
Old Aug 11th 2015, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Sigood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving To Slovakia - any advice on what I need to do

Hi , I am soon to be in your position, well late 2016 all going well but my Slovakian wife and 2 young children could be going next summer. Did the move go ok ? Where are you living in Slovakia ? We have a house near Zvolen area since 2006. Would be interested to hear how you are finding life in Slovakia. My only worry is health care and how much it's going to cost me.
Looking forward to the long hot summers though. The winters appeal to me too. We went out there for Xmas a couple of years ago which made a nice change to have a White Christmas.

Regards
Simon