Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

montefrio - granada

montefrio - granada

Old Jan 10th 2004, 6:09 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by glynis
This ones for Sibsie - where in the Costa de Luz did you live? Can you recommend any agents in the area.
I ended up living on the Northern Costa Blanca. I had a good look at CDL and decided it wouldn't be right for me for year round living.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:27 am
min
Just Joined

min is an unknown quantity at this point
Default montefrio

hi all many thanks for input. the reason for spain was least travel for more sun and the reason for granada area originally was most land least cost - on almost everything. i want to keep a base in the uk so not spent all funds on spanish property and the idea is to give spain a year at least and if dont like will return. however the more we returned to montifrio the more we liked it. i take your point about work and the heat in summer although i didn't feel isolated there. the scenery is beautiful and a drive to salobrena or torremolinos is about one and a half hours tops. we've found an agent we can trust who does add 5% on top but the prices i'm talking about it doesn't amount to a great deal and i feel he is working for his money. have put an offer in for 3 acres olive grove with 2 ruins on and hope to buy a small village house (fixer upper) to keep us busy while we hopefully build. long term idea is rural turism to earn a bit of money - well we'll give it our best shot and see what happens - at least we're not bored!!
Old Jan 12th 2004, 7:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I might be wrong, but dont forget the new laws relating to farming land, a lot of people bought old fincas to build on and have now come unstuck, the land has to be used per original use.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 8:12 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jdr
I might be wrong, but dont forget the new laws relating to farming land, a lot of people bought old fincas to build on and have now come unstuck, the land has to be used per original use.
Excellent point! Building licences can be a nightmare. My understanding of the new law is that it's to stop foreigners buying everything up in the rural areas. Valencia, where I am, has some pretty scary property laws too.
Old Jan 12th 2004, 10:31 pm
min
Just Joined

Originally posted by sibsie
Excellent point! Building licences can be a nightmare. My understanding of the new law is that it's to stop foreigners buying everything up in the rural areas. Valencia, where I am, has some pretty scary property laws too.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:07 am
min
Just Joined

Default building regs!!

[hi JDR, Sibsie

yep building/planning lawas a nightmare at present. before signing anything have been advised by the agent to have a word with the local town architect first who i believe should know the ins and outs. in the area we're looking at although nearest neighbours will be a bit away but within sight and not isolated there are 3 other builds going on at present. you really dont know what to do for the best but i have to make a decision soon as all this temp. stuff is costing a packet - and doing my head in!!