Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for a job in computer games.

Looking for a job in computer games.

Old Jan 9th 2007, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

steffsrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a job in computer games.

Games Tester

I love playing games. and i love finding flaws and glitches. i have grown up playing computer games and have alot of friends with all different likings in games. i understand all of their views about games and think i would be perfect for technichal help in building or ideas in trying to take these games to another level helping the game be an overall better experience.

thanks for your time reading this.
Steffan Rees
Old Jan 9th 2007, 3:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a job in computer games.

Originally Posted by steffsrees
Games Tester

I love playing games. and i love finding flaws and glitches. i have grown up playing computer games and have alot of friends with all different likings in games. i understand all of their views about games and think i would be perfect for technichal help in building or ideas in trying to take these games to another level helping the game be an overall better experience.

Steffan Rees
I think you have posted on the wrong forum, you would do better joining a games forum.

Try here and good luck.

Last edited by jdr; Jan 9th 2007 at 3:14 pm. Reason: added link
Old Jan 9th 2007, 5:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The Chaos Engine, that's the forum you want...but there's a few games people on this site...anyway...if your interested in DS (dev support), you'll need concise English, be able to write coherent reports, work stupid long hours towards crunch time and get paid even less than us artists if your on salary...and if waged, you'll at least get good over time on short term basis.

There are millions of other games related website, best of which is probably www.gamasutra.com

For jobs, there are loads, but I can't be bothered to go through the list of good ones, but there's a comprehensive list on the Chaos Engine Forum. - http://www.thechaosengine.com/phpBB2/index.php

Edit: I think you need to join to see the job sites listing, and to join, you've already got to be in the industry.
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Peter Christiansen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steffsrees
Games Tester

Steffan Rees
Hi Steffan!
If you know more about games than just the usersurface, I know there is jobs to get in two Danish companies: IO Interactive (Hitman) and Deadline Games. One of them also has a game tester position lately, but I think these jobs are not paid. If you are interested you can go to www.JobsinCopenhagen.com, where the positions of both companies are listed. No Danish is required for the vacancies...

Best regards,

Peter Christiansen
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:27 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Try Edge online, sorry i don't have the URL. Its the web site of Edge magazine in the UK. Just ask about there or you could try Eurogamer forums as some people on there program games etc.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:19 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Try Edge online, sorry i don't have the URL. Its the web site of Edge magazine in the UK. Just ask about there or you could try Eurogamer forums as some people on there program games etc.
I think he`s long gone, hasn`t bothered to answer at all.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:44 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
I think he`s long gone, hasn`t bothered to answer at all.
Ah well never mind. I was going to add if you go to, http://www.cliffyb.com/rants/
you get some canny advice from this guy on working in the games industry.