Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Living in Greece

Living in Greece

Old Jul 3rd 2022, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

nhs84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in Greece

Back in 2015, I moved to Paros, Greece with the intention to live there permanently. I lived there all year around for about 2 years before ex wanted to move to Australia (long story).
When in Greece, I did register and get one of these yellow residency cards.

Given Brexit, will this help me move back to Greece to live permanently? Most of my work will be done remotely with trips back to the UK as needed.
Is there anything in particular I should do?

Thanks

Old Jul 6th 2022, 5:42 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Greece

Are you a UK citizen?

Assuming so, and unless you have any claim on another citizenship of an EU member state, you'll need to start again from scratch I would have thought. 2 years living in Greece and an absence of 5 years isn't going to get you any concessions under the terms of the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement.