Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

On Line booking with Trenitalia

On Line booking with Trenitalia

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

antatnscp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On Line booking with Trenitalia

Has anyone succesfully used Trenitalia's on line booking site to make a ticket purchase; if so what is the key?

Having walked through the steps to select a train, class of seating and seat position the system requires one to be registered to complete the purchase. However, the registration system is suspended (at least through the path's I have found) and is the email link. How have others surmounted this problem?

/Tony
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 4:24 pm
Jenn

Default Re: On Line booking with Trenitalia

In article <[email protected]>, antatnscp
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Has anyone succesfully used Trenitalia's on line booking site to make a ticket
    > purchase; if so what is the key?
    > Having walked through the steps to select a train, class of seating and seat
    > position the system requires one to be registered to complete the purchase.
    > However, the registration system is suspended (at least through the path's I have
    > found) and is the email link. How have others surmounted this problem?
    > /Tony
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

I had the same problem this spring -- but had no problem getting tickets when I got
to the train station. The exception would be Eurostar where you want to get
reservations at least a day ahead.

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 8:01 pm
Andrew Willett

Default Re: On Line booking with Trenitalia

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:07:53 +0000, antatnscp <[email protected]> wrote:

>Has anyone succesfully used Trenitalia's on line booking site to make a ticket
    >purchase; if so what is the key?
    >Having walked through the steps to select a train, class of seating and seat
    >position the system requires one to be registered to complete the purchase. However,
    >the registration system is suspended (at least through the path's I have found) and
    >is the email link. How have others surmounted this problem?
I tried the same back in March- it seems the online purchase is only available to
Italian residents (the registration form in Italian asks for all sorts of info that
only an Italian resident would have). However you can buy tickets easily from the
self service machines in major stations (the same ones the web page tells you to
collect your ticket from). This includes ES tickets which can be bought right up to
time of departure.