Life in Baku

Old Jun 3rd 2014, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Si_London is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life in Baku

Hi,

I’ve just been offered a decent job in Baku for a few years. I’d be moving from the UK over there full time. I’m 30 and childless so don’t have to worry about school places etc.

I realise that you don’t move there for the expat lifestyle, but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience of living there (doesn’t seem too many threads on the country or city).

I’m also gay and was wondering if that would be an issue. The workplace is international and my contract is written with EU style protection clauses, but after seeing what happens in Russia I have my concerns.

Thanks,

Simon
Old Apr 28th 2015, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Expatttt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life in Baku

Hi Simon ,

I was wondering if you moved to Baku and l am also moving soon as well so l appreciate if you can share your ideas,

Cheers,
Old Apr 28th 2015, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Si_London is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life in Baku

I decided against it in the end. I'm not prepared to live or help out in a country where I can't be openly who I am. Life is too short to stay in the closet.