British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Karma (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/karma-785129/)

Mitzyboy Jan 25th 2013 6:20 pm

As most of you are new, if you appreciate each others posts you can lave them karma, by clicking the button bottom left on the post and leaving a comment.

You can view Karma you have received and posts you are subscribed to by going to "my profile" (top left of the page)

booboo24 Jan 25th 2013 7:16 pm

Re: Karma

Hi, if I press the karma button do I have to type in the box? Also where does that message go and who sees it?

mbkarl Jan 25th 2013 7:21 pm

Sorry couldnt resist :thumbup:

booboo24 Jan 25th 2013 7:44 pm

@MBkarl Don't know if its me but I cant see anything!

mbkarl Jan 25th 2013 7:46 pm

Should be a link to a youtube video, i might have messed up the link

fizzytom Jan 25th 2013 7:48 pm

No, it's there if you wait for it to appear

Mitzyboy Jan 25th 2013 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by booboo24 (Post 10505769)
Hi, if I press the karma button do I have to type in the box? Also where does that message go and who sees it?

Yes you type it in the box, and only the person you left it for sees it

You also have a pm facility to send people a private message that only they will see. Click on their name on the thread and you will see the options

Mitzyboy Jan 25th 2013 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by mbkarl (Post 10505832)
Should be a link to a youtube video, i might have messed up the link

No, I can see it

booboo24 Jan 25th 2013 8:09 pm

My connection must be too slow for it to load... ahh well!

Sir Harry le Fise Lake Feb 24th 2013 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 10505631)
As most of you are new, if you appreciate each others posts you can lave them karma, by clicking the button bottom left on the post and leaving a comment.

ah ha!
In my quest to comprehend this karma thing, i've found this post.

So this is the forum's definition of karma, eh?

I somehow suspect you have not studied your Hinduism sufficiently, Mitzyboy - you seem to have decided karma is a positive phenomenon. (or perhaps this is an internet simplification).

It's been awhile since I looked at the Vedic scriptures [well, ok, like never] but to my understanding karma of itself, like quality, is neutral.

you can have good and bad karma. Even in Slovenia. It's all according to your former life's deeds. Ask the next talking frog that you happen to meet on the sierra and she'll surely enlighten you on this point. :)

H lFL

Mitzyboy Feb 24th 2013 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sir Harry le Fise Lake (Post 10565739)
ah ha!
In my quest to comprehend this karma thing, i've found this post.

So this is the forum's definition of karma, eh?

I somehow suspect you have not studied your Hinduism sufficiently, Mitzyboy - you seem to have decided karma is a positive phenomenon. (or perhaps this is an internet simplification).

It's been awhile since I looked at the Vedic scriptures [well, ok, like never] but to my understanding karma of itself, like quality, is neutral.

you can have good and bad karma. Even in Slovenia. It's all according to your former life's deeds. Ask the next talking frog that you happen to meet on the sierra and she'll surely enlighten you on this point. :)

H lFL

No shit. Really? :rofl:

Maybe you'd better take that up with Vbulletin who made this forum and provide us with the tools we have to run it

fatbrit Feb 25th 2013 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 10566343)
No shit. Really? :rofl:

Maybe you'd better take that up with Vbulletin who made this forum and provide us with the tools we have to run it

I seem to remember the negative karma was disabled by Paul shortly after this feature was installed in the interests of promoting forum harmony. And it was a good call IMO.

Mitzyboy Feb 25th 2013 9:26 am

Originally Posted by fatbrit (Post 10566400)
I seem to remember the negative karma was disabled by Paul shortly after this feature was installed in the interests of promoting forum harmony. And it was a good call IMO.

You're dead right there
Twas an easy way to belittle people on the forum