Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

jobs in Europe for a hard working Brit?

jobs in Europe for a hard working Brit?

Old Apr 8th 2012, 12:43 am
Just Joined

benjrx8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs in Europe for a hard working Brit?

I got back from working and travelling overseas- Oz, NZ, Asia etc last year but I've had no luck getting work and having a really s**t time to be honest. I need to get out of the UK and I really want to hop over to Europe and work. Basically I'd do anything. I have many skills but not qualified in any profession as such.. If I knew I could get some type of work any where I'd jump on a flight tomorrow, but I can't seem to find anything online for unskilled work. Usually I'd just pick a country, fly there and wing it but I don't have the funds.
I know this is a bit vague but does anybody know of any work that I could pick up? Or any sites or just any kind of help at all really?
Thanks
Ben
Old Apr 8th 2012, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of
Default Re: jobs in Europe for a hard working Brit?

Hi Ben,

What languages do you speak? That'd obviously help to narrow down your search, especially if you're looking for unskilled labour. People might overlook a lack of local language skills if you speak English and have a speciality, but I would imagine it's a lot harder to get unskilled work if you don't speak the lingo.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Vanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really niceVanya is just really nice

Why not try looking for some work in an Eastern European country, although it would be very lo paid? Language would be a difficulty, as mentioned above, but you might try searching out some language schools that teach English.. They are often looking for native English speakers to teach and they don't seem to bother about qualifications, especially the new private ones in the former soviet states.
If you fancied Russia (where I am), it would be more difficult due to strict visa controls, but not impossible for teachers or students. But you would not want to do manual labour here, I'm sure!
Old Apr 8th 2012, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Austrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really nice

Hi Ben

What have you done up till now, do you have a driving licence and what sort of wages are you looking for.

regards
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:44 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

why not get yourself sorted out in the UK, your home country, and build up a little fund to enable you to move on, by which time you may have been able to decide what and where ??