Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

I've got an appointment at the German Consulate

I've got an appointment at the German Consulate

Old May 1st 2006, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

BrigitteM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've got an appointment at the German Consulate

Ok. Some of you may know me. I posted quite a while ago stating that I want my German citizenship again and have been pursuing that endeavor. Several months ago I send everything in to the German Consulate in N.Y. and now I have an appointment to meet with them.

I am a bit nervous as I don't know much about German history or anything about government beyond the basic current affairs.

Does anyone know what the questions will be or in general what the appointment entails?

Basically I would think it's to 'see' whether I'm German and can speak the language. But I've spoken to them several times over the phone, so they know I speak fluent German.

Any input would be appreciated. TIA
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

china2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I've got an appointment at the German Consulate

Hi Brigitte

We are planning to move back to Germany soon and would seriously consider taking German citizenship.

I have found this on the web - it's for Hessen:

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/inte...415242,00.html

The tests vary by Bundesland - we are hoping to go back to NRW so I guess the test may be different but the basic idea will be the same.

But I wonder how many Germans living happily in Germany could answer all of the questions correctly???