Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

International schools Costa del sol info please

International schools Costa del sol info please

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 5:08 pm
parseysgirl

Question International schools Costa del sol info please

Looking for any information regarding International schools in Costa Del Sol. We have visited Sunny View and Benalmadena International College and are going back to visit St Anthonys College and The English International College of Marbella in October. I would welcome any views and observations good or bad re these schools. I know these things are quite up to personal preference but would welcome other views please. We are moving to Mijas Pueblo next summer. We have considered Spanish schools but would prefer an English school for various personal reasons if possible.
look forward to some replies!
Stephanie

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 7:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International schools Costa del sol info please

Originally Posted by parseysgirl
Looking for any information regarding International schools in Costa Del Sol. We have visited Sunny View and Benalmadena International College and are going back to visit St Anthonys College and The English International College of Marbella in October. I would welcome any views and observations good or bad re these schools. I know these things are quite up to personal preference but would welcome other views please. We are moving to Mijas Pueblo next summer. We have considered Spanish schools but would prefer an English school for various personal reasons if possible.
look forward to some replies!
Stephanie

I think you have answered your own question, but If your gonna live in Spain send them to a Spanish school.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 12:27 pm
parseysgirl

Exclamation Re: International schools Costa del sol info please

Originally Posted by jdr
I think you have answered your own question, but If your gonna live in Spain send them to a Spanish school.
I am sorry if I have hit a nerve here. I hope the 'rolling eyes' icon was not meant to be offensive or rude. I did put in my question that 'for personal reasons' I would prefer so send my son to international school I do not wish to elaborate on that in a public forum. I was looking for information about the particular schools not information or opinions on whether I should send my son to Spanish school or International school, however I do appreciate many people do pose such questions on similar forums so I hope it is just that my question has been misinterpreted. We have lived in another area of Spain for 3 years and my husband is a teacher so we do hold a certain understanding of things regarding Spainsh education and English education etc but local knowledge can be very helpful in creating an all round picture of things. We will speak to people locally when we visit after all that is what we would do were we moving and finding suitable schools in England. I just thought as the internet is a wide reaching medium my question could perhaps reach more people than I could stop and speak to during our stay. Thankyou.
Stephanie.

Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry if I have hit a nerve here. I hope the 'rolling eyes' icon was not meant to be offensive or rude. I did put in my question that 'for personal reasons' I would prefer so send my son to international school I do not wish to elaborate on that in a public forum. I was looking for information about the particular schools not information or opinions on whether I should send my son to Spanish school or International school, however I do appreciate many people do pose such questions on similar forums so I hope it is just that my question has been misinterpreted. We have lived in another area of Spain for 3 years and my husband is a teacher so we do hold a certain understanding of things regarding Spainsh education and English education etc but local knowledge can be very helpful in creating an all round picture of things. We will speak to people locally when we visit after all that is what we would do were we moving and finding suitable schools in England. I just thought as the internet is a wide reaching medium my question could perhaps reach more people than I could stop and speak to during our stay. Thankyou.
Stephanie.
That was the exact reason for my answer including the smilies.
Why ask for help and advice on this forum after telling us you have already made a personal choice of what to do.
Why not ask for help, and then reply thanks everyone for your advice, i have thought it over and decided to ...blah blah blah.
That would be
Old Sep 5th 2004, 4:47 pm
parseysgirl

Originally Posted by jdr
That was the exact reason for my answer including the smilies.
Why ask for help and advice on this forum after telling us you have already made a personal choice of what to do.
Why not ask for help, and then reply thanks everyone for your advice, i have thought it over and decided to ...blah blah blah.
That would be
That is why I said I have made my choice of an international school and was asking about those two in particular! Was looking for replies concerning those two schools. Didn't want to get in to a discussion that is feeling unfriendly and uncomfortable, I thought I may get some assistance from someone with children already at school down there. Won't bother to come back here again, I rather leave it be now, sorry if somehow I have upset you jdr by posting my question.

Old Sep 5th 2004, 4:57 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

That is why I said I have made my choice of an international school and was asking about those two in particular! Was looking for replies concerning those two schools. Didn't want to get in to a discussion that is feeling unfriendly and uncomfortable, I thought I may get some assistance from someone with children already at school down there. Won't bother to come back here again, I rather leave it be now, sorry if somehow I have upset you jdr by posting my question.

parseygirl

just ignore jdr (you can actually put him/her on 'ignore' if you want to!), s/he sometimes seems just to want to wind folks up, although also sometimes comes up with good info.

I haven't replied to you because I'm on the Costa Blanca - my girls are also at international school, and we're happy with our decision, too.

Don't let jdr drive you away, this is a useful and entertaining forum!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:38 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by xabiachica
parseygirl

just ignore jdr (you can actually put him/her on 'ignore' if you want to!), s/he sometimes seems just to want to wind folks up, although also sometimes comes up with good info.

I haven't replied to you because I'm on the Costa Blanca - my girls are also at international school, and we're happy with our decision, too.

Don't let jdr drive you away, this is a useful and entertaining forum!
Did´nt mean to upset anyone, but it seems wrong to ask for help and advice and in the same sentence say i have already made a personal decision. Its almost like saying don`t bother
If i ask for advice or help, i balance up the pro`s and cons and then make a decision, not the reverse.
Anyhow parseygirl, sorry but have a and chill out
Old Oct 5th 2004, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

costa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I have two children at an International school here. If you´d like to e mail me, I´d be happy to "talk" to you. [email protected].