Ideas??

Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Glowdoll is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ideas??

Hi all, Im completely new to the site and am still trying to find my way round.
Im planning on re-settling somewhere in Europe in approx 3 years but really have no idea, where to start, where to go, what to do etc.
I have a daughter who will be of school age when we move so education and health care is of the upost importance when choosing my destination. Also preferably somewhere with a low crime rate. (isnt it what we all want? lol)
Im currently doing an NVQ level 4 in working with children & young people and have 6 years experience of working in this field. Not sure if any European countries have the same issues with young people as we do here in the UK so am worried that my employment experience and qualifications will mean nothing wherever i go.
If anyone can help and give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ideas??

Originally Posted by Glowdoll
Im planning on re-settling somewhere in Europe in approx 3 years but really have no idea, where to start, where to go, what to do etc.
I have a daughter who will be of school age when we move so education and health care is of the upost importance when choosing my destination. Also preferably somewhere with a low crime rate. (isnt it what we all want? lol)
Im currently doing an NVQ level 4 in working with children & young people and have 6 years experience of working in this field. Not sure if any European countries have the same issues with young people as we do here in the UK so am worried that my employment experience and qualifications will mean nothing wherever i go.
Thanks
Welcome to the forums.
One of the first questions you will be asked here is "do you speak any languages"?
Qualifications aside, if for instance you were thinking of moving to Spain, your chances of getting a job would decrease immediately if you didnt speak the language
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Glowdoll is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for your reply,

At the moment i dont speak any languages apart from basic French from school. I figured once ive decided where i want to go id then try and learn the language. Its one of the reasons im giving myself around 3 years before the move along with doing research. Is this sensible?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:48 am
Just Joined

anita.patt is an unknown quantity at this point

Sound's good .... There are lot of options for learning other languages these days ... should not much of a hassle .. or you could wait a bit more ... learn the language of the place you decide to shift and then shift .. that way you can just get started once you reach there ... Hope it helps .

Regards

Anita Patt
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:11 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glowdoll
Thanks
Eire springs to mind, if only from the language point of view.
But if you want Continental Europe, before starting to learn a new language, check which countries your qualifications will be accepted. In France, for example, not all diplomas are validated, despite the EU, and you might have to do a course (in French) to prove your professional competence.
I should ask about equivalence abroad where you are doing your NVQ, or enquire at the Consulates of the countries you're most interested in. If they can't help directly, they might be able to indicate websites to consult.
Good luck, wherever!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandGalina is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget to consider Malta - crime rate is extremely low and language is not normally a problem as English is an official language and most people speak it. However not sure that you could get a job without a little Maltese knowledge and as it is an Arabic / Italian / French based language it's not that easy to learn.

However, if your type of work is required then you can certainly get a job with only English knowledge.

One last thought, have you considered Australia or America? Obviously English is not a problem and certain job experience is invaluable - maybe check out what these two countries are actively looking for career wise - for example I heard the other day that any hairdresser could get a work permit for Oz these days as they on't seem to have enough!

Look on the relevant country immigration site!

Good luck