HELP!!!

Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

chunkylvr678 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!!

hello, i am a british citizen by descent that is currently in the UK with my son. as i was born in 1982, i had to register to become a citizen as the law at the time was different. i obtained my citizenship through my mom.

i wanted to find out if my son, who was born in Saudi Arabia would be able to live here indefinitely with me in the UK. He is now a year old and he travelled here on a visit visa. as his visa is expiring very soon, i would like to atleast extend his stay until i figure out what to do.

i would appreciate any help!! thanks
Old Jul 5th 2013, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

inggris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!!!

Originally Posted by chunkylvr678
hello, i am a british citizen by descent that is currently in the UK with my son. as i was born in 1982, i had to register to become a citizen as the law at the time was different. i obtained my citizenship through my mom.

i wanted to find out if my son, who was born in Saudi Arabia would be able to live here indefinitely with me in the UK. He is now a year old and he travelled here on a visit visa. as his visa is expiring very soon, i would like to atleast extend his stay until i figure out what to do.

Do you mind telling what passport he held when he entered the UK?
Old Jul 5th 2013, 8:08 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Re-post this in the 'moving back to the UK' section of BE. A lot of people there have been in similar situation. If you can, give a few more details.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 10:07 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Re-post this in the 'moving back to the UK' section of BE. A lot of people there have been in similar situation. If you can, give a few more details.
The mother's nationality would also help in giving advice. Just reading other posts by you which state that your son was 17 in 2009, which would make him 21 now, also he is an American citizen with a Pakistani mother. All this info would have helped, and you were also posting about hime being in the UK on a visitors visa in 2009.

Last edited by mikelincs; Jul 5th 2013 at 10:10 am.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 5:57 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

As you have already posted in the MBTTUK forum I think it best if this thread was closed, otherwise it just gets too confusing to have you start two threads on this subject.