Reload this Page >

Hello from India

Hello from India

Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:26 am
Just Joined

s3r3ndipity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from India

Hi friends,

I am a 34 yrs old female from India. I got diagnosed with a Grade 4 GBM (during 2008 in India) when I was doing my PhD in Canada.Today I am a long term survivor of this deadly disease without any neurological deficits and still continuing my PhD.I had undergone 2 major surgeries, 1 minor surgery,omaya reservoir inside the skull,12 cycles of chemo,radiation etc. In another 6-7 months,going to complete my PhD.After that I would like to do my post doctoral research abroad (mostly in Europe) or to any country,which is 8 hours fly maximum from India.I prefer Europe and UK.

1) During 2009 June, Canada(New Delhi) has rejected my study permit extension for 5 years due to my excessive health care costs and become a burden to the society etc.That is the main reason,I have been continuing my research from India.If I want to pursue my post doc. in Canada,then,I can reapply after 2014. But I don't want to waste my time till 2014.

2) The main reason I am looking for countries close to India is,if something goes wrong with my health and if their health care system could not treat me due to various reasons,I should reach India as soon as possible for my further treatment.Rather than working for a company,I am very much interested in doing a post doctoral research,which could be completed in 18-24 months.

Do you think based on my health condition I could not get a visa to any of the European countries,if I get a post doctoral position?

Please,throw some light on my case.

Thank you.

Serendipity