Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

greece to uk by bus?

greece to uk by bus?

Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

galanis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default greece to uk by bus?

just wondering if anyone knows of any bus/coach services that run from greece to the uk? i know there used to be the magic bus but thats stopped now, please help-i wanna go home!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 4:18 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: greece to uk by bus?

Originally posted by galanis
just wondering if anyone knows of any bus/coach services that run from greece to the uk? i know there used to be the magic bus but thats stopped now, please help-i wanna go home!!!!!
Why by bus? A flight with Easy Jet on December 5th, for example, would cost an adult EUR66 for a one-way ticket from Athens to Luton. Next January they are selling tickets on the same route for EUR36 one-way.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 5:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

He may be a Cliff Richard fan.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Unhappy

very funny Bondipom!!! He's in fact a she-and she's terrified of flying!!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

very funny Bondipom!!! He's in fact a she-and she's terrified of flying!!!!!!
Kalnmera Galanis
Why are you so scared of flying? It's only a 31/2 hour flight from saloniki whereas the bus will be at least 3 to 4 days.
Yassas
Larissa
PS Just being nosey - what part of Greece are you in? My parents are in Halkidiki. We used to drive there from the UK (interesting journey) but stopped during the yugoslav war. Now they're permanently there we fly. I wonder if it's quicker going by boat and via Italy. I'd be more warey of the boat to be honest!
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 9:33 am
Just Joined

hi larissa
i'm in trikala-about 2 hours away from thessaloniki, and we thought about driving too-via brindisi and then up to france but i'm not too sure the car will make it!!!its only a 30 hour journey and would be nice to see europe from ground level.
as for the fear of flying, its very sudden, until last year i flew about 10 times a year and then one day i just lost it on a local flight from Athens to crete and that was it! i'm now convinced the next time i fly will be the time when something goes wrong and i'll die a horrible death, very irrational, but convincing enough to make me want to catch the bus!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

hi larissa
i'm in trikala-about 2 hours away from thessaloniki, and we thought about driving too-via brindisi and then up to france but i'm not too sure the car will make it!!!its only a 30 hour journey and would be nice to see europe from ground level.
as for the fear of flying, its very sudden, until last year i flew about 10 times a year and then one day i just lost it on a local flight from Athens to crete and that was it! i'm now convinced the next time i fly will be the time when something goes wrong and i'll die a horrible death, very irrational, but convincing enough to make me want to catch the bus!!!
Hi Galanis
Sorry to hear about your fear of flying - I would call it a phobia. Strange though that it developed while flying... I would recommend confronting the fear as it will be hard to make the bus trip 10 x a year - once or twice would be fine, but that sounds like murder!
Take care,
will try to look out some research on flying phobias if you like, but am busy 2day.
Larissa
Old Dec 1st 2003, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

symzie is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can get to Italy, eurolines go there, sorry that's not much help

By the way, Virgin and BA do fear of flying courses that are very successfull, it's got to be safer to fly back than to go by bus, but I hate flying too so I understand how you feel