Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Exemplified Copy of my divorce from a Polish citizen

Exemplified Copy of my divorce from a Polish citizen

Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

peteskier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exemplified Copy of my divorce from a Polish citizen

The Polish Consulate is helping me in this matter but any advice in this matter will be appreciated. I need to obtain an Exemplified Copy of my divorce from a Polish citizen. The copy needs to have the signature of the Judge and two court officials.
I need this copy to complete the divorce process in the USA.
My ex-wife's name is (SNIP). I need to settle this case ASAP so thank you for your help.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Dec 13th 2010 at 10:13 pm. Reason: Personal info removed
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exemplified Copy of my divorce from a Polish citizen

If you divorced in Poland why are you divorcing in the US as well?

This is what the State Dept's reciprocity schedule says:

Divorce Decree

Available. A copy of a divorce decree for all cases adjudicated after 1990 may be obtained from the District Court (Sad Okregowy) where the decree was rendered. Before 1990, divorce cases were handled by Regional Courts (Sady Rejonowe). The court does not automatically issue the document to the parties of a divorce case. A copy of the decree may be obtained at written request. The current fee is 12.00 PLN (6.00 PLN per page, payable in court stamps). Applicants residing abroad may obtain their divorce decree through a Polish Consulate or Embassy. They may also apply directly to the court, pay the fee to the court’s bank account (please check the account number on the court’s web site), and submit a delivery address in Poland. The court will not send any document to an address outside Poland.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for this info.
I need the copy to complete the divorce
At my local court.
Old Dec 14th 2010, 3:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peteskier
Thank you so much for this info.
I need the copy to complete the divorce
At my local court.
That answer doesn't make any sense. If you are divorced legally in Poland you are divorced legally in the US.

But, good luck to you!
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again for your help. The court here says that they will not recognize the action unless they see an Exemplified Copy. Unfortunately, I am having a difficult time getting the copy since it has to be signed by the Judge and maybe two court clerks. Thank you very much.