Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

An easy question :o)

An easy question :o)

Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

davesmithsrm is on a distinguished road
Default An easy question :o)

I have now brought a house in Tielt-Winge, Belgium and want to install SKY TV, mainly due for the football (now my team habe just got promoted to the premiership).

Can anyone recommend where to get sky tv installed from in Belgium - i would hazzard a guess there are a few places around Brussels).

We need the dish and viewing card, but have a receiver box (although tempted to upgrade to HD now).

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:33 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An easy question :o)

Dave, just don't cancel your UK subscription and continue to have the deductions taken from a UK bank account. As long as you are not "in contract" or have multi room, it will be fine.

Think carefully before taking HD .... certainly here in Spain we cannot get HD broadcast anyway. Check first.

If you have already cancelled your subscription then yes you will have to find a local, but again take care as its been found some of the providers here charge a 150 euro management fee per year

You probably won't need a 1.8 - 2.4 dish like we do down here!

Originally Posted by davesmithsrm
I have now brought a house in Tielt-Winge, Belgium and want to install SKY TV, mainly due for the football (now my team habe just got promoted to the premiership).

Can anyone recommend where to get sky tv installed from in Belgium - i would hazzard a guess there are a few places around Brussels).

We need the dish and viewing card, but have a receiver box (although tempted to upgrade to HD now).

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

hey dave where do you live in tielt winge, i live there aswell, maybe i can come round and watch a bit of footy. Thinking of getting PRIME myself, as they have most of the PL games.
PM me for a meet up and a beer
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
hey dave where do you live in tielt winge, i live there aswell, maybe i can come round and watch a bit of footy. Thinking of getting PRIME myself, as they have most of the PL games.
PM me for a meet up and a beer

Hiya - i have not actually moved there yet, i should be there in about 4 weeks or so - just waiting for the contracts to be sorted.

I am currently in Herent, so only twenty mins away - but maybe you can give me the run down on Tielt winge ?
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

well, it's quiet, but I don't really mind, as we work alot and crappy hours, so were up at 3.30am so usually we don't do much during the weekdays, In the weekend were ussually around leuven and in between. For the rest not really sure whats around here as we only live here for about 8months, and have been working hard.
When your back give us a pm and we'll meet up for a beer and maybe some football. If you can get sky let me know as I want it aswell. otherwise I'll have to go for PRIME, something similar to sky, but no where near as good.
Good luck with the move and which street you moving to? We live in the keulestraat, it's the first street after the newsagency and butcher.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
well, it's quiet, but I don't really mind, as we work alot and crappy hours, so were up at 3.30am so usually we don't do much during the weekdays, In the weekend were ussually around leuven and in between. For the rest not really sure whats around here as we only live here for about 8months, and have been working hard.
When your back give us a pm and we'll meet up for a beer and maybe some football. If you can get sky let me know as I want it aswell. otherwise I'll have to go for PRIME, something similar to sky, but no where near as good.
Good luck with the move and which street you moving to? We live in the keulestraat, it's the first street after the newsagency and butcher.
I have a house lined up in Stekstraat, which is the opposite side of Tielt, near the sports centre.

Will make contact this week
Old Sep 4th 2007, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

gamequeen88 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can just apply online
and then you will find search area, type discount code, you will find that whether the service area will cover where you live.

hope that helpful
Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:12 am
Just Joined

KingofCurries is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave,
As Mitzyboy says - if you have a subscription - just keep it going, However if you dont have one you have a bunch of options.

Getting the equipment..
1. Buy the bits on ebay.co.uk - should cost you 50 pounds (plus postage) or so for a second hand digibox and a new dish.
2. Get a relative in the UK to pick up one of the discounted offers, get it installed by sky and then rip it down and bring it across (if you are travelling between UK and here thats not a bad option).
3. Get new equipment from a UK or french company - there are loads of these I have used these guys (http://www.uk-satellite-tv.co.uk/digibox.html) but dont necessarily have a big recommendation - google it and compare prices.
4. Go to one of the local companies who will do most of it for you - this is always the most expensive option (companies like solsat http://www.solsat.com/ and Sterckx Hifi in Vossem).

Getting the subscription.
Just call sky and ask for a subscription tell them you have a 'second hand' sky box and dish.

Installation.
1. Talk to the solsat etc as mentioned
2. Do it yourself - (this is what I always do) - instructions are here http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ - dont worry about the Caravan thing.

HD works fine in Belgium btw.

I hope that helps...

KC

Last edited by jdr; Sep 6th 2007 at 7:58 pm. Reason: Removed promotional URL please read site rule 9