Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Czech Rodne Cislo Needed Before End Of Year - Mum Arriving CZ Early Nov

Czech Rodne Cislo Needed Before End Of Year - Mum Arriving CZ Early Nov

Old Sep 4th 2020, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

woodbine66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Czech Rodne Cislo Needed Before End Of Year - Mum Arriving CZ Early Nov

I'm living in CZ and my mother wants to join me. She's 84 and a British citizen. She will arrive early November. She is diabetic.

Problem is she will have an S1 form which she gets from UK government which she needs to register with one of the 7 health insurance companies to get access to public helthcare in CZ. Because of Brexit, the form must be registered with one of these insurance companies before 31 December 2020 - or she will lose her entitlement to public health care in CZ.

If she arrives in early November, can she get a Rodne Cislo in time? They seem to take a long time, is there a quicker way to get one? Also, I am assuming she needs the Rodne Cislo to be able to register with the health insurance companies?

Does anyone have the names/details of the 7 Czech health insurance companies for public healthcare so I can contact them for advice. Thanks to anyone for any help or advice.

1 comment
100% Upvoted
Old Sep 5th 2020, 12:07 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Czech Rodne Cislo Needed Before End Of Year - Mum Arriving CZ Early Nov

Originally Posted by woodbine66
I'm living in CZ and my mother wants to join me. She's 84 and a British citizen. She will arrive early November. She is diabetic.

Problem is she will have an S1 form which she gets from UK government which she needs to register with one of the 7 health insurance companies to get access to public helthcare in CZ. Because of Brexit, the form must be registered with one of these insurance companies before 31 December 2020 - or she will lose her entitlement to public health care in CZ.

If she arrives in early November, can she get a Rodne Cislo in time? They seem to take a long time, is there a quicker way to get one? Also, I am assuming she needs the Rodne Cislo to be able to register with the health insurance companies?

Does anyone have the names/details of the 7 Czech health insurance companies for public healthcare so I can contact them for advice. Thanks to anyone for any help or advice.

1 comment
100% Upvoted
Hi, sorry, obviously no idea about the Rodne Cislo and Cz social security system! Isn't it possible for your mother to register with your own health insurance company?
It's none of my business of course, but is she aware of what to expect when she comes to live in Cz, without knowing any one apart from you and not speaking the language? I can understand her wanting to live close to you, but what will she doing with herself all day (presuming you're working)? How will she make friends? How will she cope with consultations with Doctors? At that age you should be thinking ahead for when she is less mobile and needing "help", possibly in a nursing home. I speak from experience from when my father came to live with us in France after my mother died. He was getting on for 80 and couldn't adapt to the different life. No daily English papers, no English TV, no local pub to meet his pals, different food, could only speak to me and the French family (when not working or at school), not interested in "French" activities... Two months later he returned to England and stayed with my brother....
It's very difficult when parents become elderly, I know, but do make sure your mother understands the vastly different life that she must adapt to (and you could maybe arrange for a safety net back home if she's like my father and is unhappy....).
HTH, but can't help on the Cz front and there aren't all that many BE members there...
Old Sep 6th 2020, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Czech Rodne Cislo Needed Before End Of Year - Mum Arriving CZ Early Nov

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, sorry, obviously no idea about the Rodne Cislo and Cz social security system! Isn't it possible for your mother to register with your own health insurance company?
It's none of my business of course, but is she aware of what to expect when she comes to live in Cz, without knowing any one apart from you and not speaking the language? I can understand her wanting to live close to you, but what will she doing with herself all day (presuming you're working)? How will she make friends? How will she cope with consultations with Doctors? At that age you should be thinking ahead for when she is less mobile and needing "help", possibly in a nursing home. I speak from experience from when my father came to live with us in France after my mother died. He was getting on for 80 and couldn't adapt to the different life. No daily English papers, no English TV, no local pub to meet his pals, different food, could only speak to me and the French family (when not working or at school), not interested in "French" activities... Two months later he returned to England and stayed with my brother....
It's very difficult when parents become elderly, I know, but do make sure your mother understands the vastly different life that she must adapt to (and you could maybe arrange for a safety net back home if she's like my father and is unhappy....).
HTH, but can't help on the Cz front and there aren't all that many BE members there...
Thanks for your reply, DMU

First, I don't work so I am at home most of the day. My mother is mobile and can walk ok. I will do the language for her. She likes to stay home, so being in a nice house in CZ will be no problem for her. Unfortunately she is in a very bad marriage with my father. There is abuse from him, threats of violence and mental cruelty. He has problems.Coming to live with me will be a sanctuary for her as she misses me, I miss her and she feels scared and unsafe at home in UK now. Very complicated situation - but that's life!
Old Sep 6th 2020, 3:33 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodbine66
Thanks for your reply, DMU

First, I don't work so I am at home most of the day. My mother is mobile and can walk ok. I will do the language for her. She likes to stay home, so being in a nice house in CZ will be no problem for her. Unfortunately she is in a very bad marriage with my father. There is abuse from him, threats of violence and mental cruelty. He has problems.Coming to live with me will be a sanctuary for her as she misses me, I miss her and she feels scared and unsafe at home in UK now. Very complicated situation - but that's life!
Fair enough, sorry for her situation.
Good luck with the Administrative side of things....
Old Sep 6th 2020, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Fair enough, sorry for her situation.
Good luck with the Administrative side of things....
Thanks very much. I think I'll need a lot of luck. Damn Brexit!
Old Sep 13th 2020, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Cihadlo is an unknown quantity at this point

My recollection is that the Rodné Číslo took ages to turn up after I applied for the long term residence card but that was 11 or 12 years ago when the Foreign Police were operating the system. I must have joined a health insurance scheme before I had the číslo but it was arranged by my employer. Usually, a passport number works for foreigners when an identifier is required.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Cihadlo is an unknown quantity at this point

Here are the insurance providers:

https://www.kancelarzp.cz/en/links-i...r-links?id=169