bulgaria

Old Sep 8th 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

johnandmaria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bulgaria

hi i have just bought a house in the northwest of bulgaria , in a village called sofronievo 6 kms from mizia . does anyone know of any resturants in the area, we just spent a week over there but couldnt find any just one cafe and we couldnt communicate with them, any info will be helpful.
regds john
Old Sep 18th 2013, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Ivanov09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bulgaria

I'm not familiar with the NW, I live in the NE. However, around here restaurants are not that common from in cities. Most cafes have quite a wide range of food, will often cook to order, and are also bars. In villages, most shops are also cafes, serving coffee, tea, alcohol, and limited range of food (whatever they can put in the microwave). As to communication, most Bulgarians know a little English, and sign language goes a long way. I've never had that much trouble, and I'm vegetarian. Picked up 'bez meso' pretty quick. However, I have found that Bulgarians seem to be more 'anglophilic' the further East you go. Sofia is the worst, they don't seem to like Brits there.
Old Sep 18th 2013, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bulgaria

I lived in Bulgaria for many years, from 1991, when I went there to teach. Things for changed hugely since 1989. Not all the changes are for the better.

NW BG is interesting. Have a look at Vidin and Belogradchik. Check out the caves at MAGURA, which seem to be totally unknown to outsiders.