Bulgaria

Old Aug 16th 2013, 10:36 am
Just Joined

DermotOh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bulgaria

With a massive amount of vacant and extremely inexpensive property for sale, agricultural land by the square mile doing very little, a cost of living one third of Western Europe, a stable government and membership of the European Union Bulgaria must be the next candidate for massive growth.

It is not a new market and has been in the union since 2007. There are many thousands of British Expats already there so why does it not have a forum on this site?
Old Aug 16th 2013, 10:44 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bulgaria

Originally Posted by DermotOh
With a massive amount of vacant and extremely inexpensive property for sale, agricultural land by the square mile doing very little, a cost of living one third of Western Europe, a stable government and membership of the European Union Bulgaria must be the next candidate for massive growth.

It is not a new market and has been in the union since 2007. There are many thousands of British Expats already there so why does it not have a forum on this site?
Because not enough people post here yet from Bulgaria to warrant one
Old Aug 16th 2013, 10:57 am
Just Joined

DermotOh is an unknown quantity at this point

The classic Chicken and Egg situation.

My initial reaction to posting on this board about Bulgaria was that it was pointless since nobody will search for a Bulgarian post when there is no Bulgarian board.

May I suggest a starting point could be a board for The Balkans (Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Croatia, Slovenia)

Considering my comments above it can only encourage more posters and the creation of a new board to cover a quarter of the countries in the union can hardly be a massive issue.
Old Aug 16th 2013, 11:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DermotOh
The classic Chicken and Egg situation.

My initial reaction to posting on this board about Bulgaria was that it was pointless since nobody will search for a Bulgarian post when there is no Bulgarian board.

May I suggest a starting point could be a board for The Balkans (Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Croatia, Slovenia)

Considering my comments above it can only encourage more posters and the creation of a new board to cover a quarter of the countries in the union can hardly be a massive issue.
The other boards have all started in the way I described. We have a Slovenia forum because many people were posting in the Europe General section. So we started one. The same with Scandinavia etc .... so it seems to work, rather than having lost of forum titles with no posts
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 6:28 am
Banned

Uncle_Granada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bulgaria Board

I agree wih DermotOh; there are three or four boards which are solely for Bulgaria and they all started slowly but are now quite lively. Slovenia is only attracting attention from the UK relatively recently whereas Bulgaria has several well established British communities. I've mentioned British Expats to friends using these boards and the response is always the same "There's no Bulgria Board so what' the point of reading it".
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 8:46 am
Senior Moment

Default Re: Bulgaria Board

Originally Posted by Uncle_Granada
I agree wih DermotOh; there are three or four boards which are solely for Bulgaria and they all started slowly but are now quite lively. Slovenia is only attracting attention from the UK relatively recently whereas Bulgaria has several well established British communities. I've mentioned British Expats to friends using these boards and the response is always the same "There's no Bulgria Board so what' the point of reading it".
Thats a bit short sighted of them though. We dont have many posts, so theres no section for it. Other boards all started here because there were a number of posts for that country. Once the posts were there we were able to act, and nopw they do well. If people take the "whats the point" option then we'll never get one going
Old Sep 18th 2013, 2:16 am
Just Joined

Ivanov09 is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Bulgaria, and I've met quite a few Brits here.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I libed there from 1991 to 2010
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Doby is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I live in Bulgaria and I was born here, if you have specific questions I can answer or you look for local information.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 7:25 pm
Banned

Uncle_Granada is an unknown quantity at this point

How does one go about obtaininga tax number?
Old Oct 15th 2013, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Doby is an unknown quantity at this point

if it is a personal tax number: acquired after registration with the National Insurance Institute, a translated ID and an application form. You can do it themselves or another person with power of attorney. For more information you can contact me personal e-mail: (SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Oct 15th 2013 at 11:39 pm. Reason: Not a good idea to put your email up on a public forum :-)
Old Oct 20th 2013, 6:51 am
Just Joined

UKinBG is an unknown quantity at this point

Here, Here, I live in Bulgaria and even in the small town I live in there are many Brits as well as other Europeans residing here. Let's have our own thread.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 8:29 am
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by UKinBG
Here, Here, I live in Bulgaria and even in the small town I live in there are many Brits as well as other Europeans residing here. Let's have our own thread.
Well .... if they posted on here then we probably would!!
Old Oct 21st 2013, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The main forum for Bulgaria has been taken ovcer by crazies. At one it had a lot of usefui information and many posters would input real advice. Now it is full of posters who have nothing to say but who insist on saying it !

(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Oct 21st 2013 at 1:05 pm. Reason: URL removed
Old Oct 21st 2013, 1:07 pm
Senior Moment

To be fair, posting alternate forums wont help, and if it is that bad there then they can always come here, at which point we can do something about it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.