Reload this Page >

Bucharest, Romania

Bucharest, Romania

Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Scotsman-al is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bucharest, Romania

Hi Azarel,

Thank you very much for your information! It is greatly appreciated. I am still waiting to here back from the interview. If I am successful, your information will be a massive help. Not only from this post, but in others I have read through that you have contributed to... Lots of great information for people like me researching about living in Bucharest. So thanks again!

I will post again soon if I am successful, fingers x'd!
Cheers.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by melonlegs
Blimey, if that's true then my partner most definitely went for teaching at the wrong school!! That, coupled with the higher wage that that school offers, would mean you'd likely have quite a bit left to play with each month after accommodation& bills, unless you were living in a mansion and only ate in the best restaurants each night...

As for being ripped off, the school my partner works for set us up with an agent they usually use, who proceeded to tell us that everything we'd heard of rent prices being around 400 Euros for good standard was a lie and we'd not get what we were looking for (2 bedroom, near to playground) for cheaper than 600 Euros at least. We later found out this was not true, but unfortunately only after signing the contract on the place. So, definitely worth trying to have a look at ads and getting a native speaker to help - hopefully the school will oblige with this. Good luck!
Hi melon legs,

You mentioned moving out with your partner... If you don't mind me asking, are you working in Bucharest? I am just asking as my partner would move out with me... I'm seeking some advice on opportunities for her to get a job. She is not a teacher. She is an architectural technologist graduate (graduating this summer) but is open to working in various fields of work.

If anyone has any experience of finding work once they r out there that'd be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

melonlegs is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately not working here, as unless you can speak Romanian then options are pretty limited (and the wages are a fraction of what they'd be in UK). I have tried to find some 'work from home' stuff but not had a lot of luck with it. She could maybe get work teaching English privately, perhaps if she had a TEFL, and these can sometimes be up to 20 Euros an hour... but it depends on word of mouth and who you know as to whether she'd get work or not. Sorry couldn't be more help!
Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:39 am
Just Joined

nikkko is an unknown quantity at this point

k , just checked out the price for the Lacul Morii (is a small tranquil neighborhood, called Rosu,very safe) about 100sqm apartment 500€/month + bills (only electricity and gas) , but would prefer long term rent only - for more details,feel free to ask - best regards
Old Mar 27th 2012, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Unfortunately I was not successful in my application, I was informed today by email. More than 2 weeks after when they originally said they hoped to inform candidates! I suspected for a while it had been offered to someone else but they were waiting for it to be definite. Some great interview experience and feedback though.

So thanks again for everyones advice and help! I am sure this thread will be helpful to others scouring the web for info on moving to Bucharest! Maybe one day in the future I'll look back to it...

Thanks again, much appreciated!

Cheers.