Bratislava

Old Oct 6th 2010, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

penny k is just really nicepenny k is just really nicepenny k is just really nicepenny k is just really nicepenny k is just really nicepenny k is just really nicepenny k is just really nicepenny k is just really nice
Default Bratislava

Hi,

Is anyone living in Bratislava or Eastern Europe on the site?

I love Eastern Europe, where I lived for four years, and want to live in a European city very soon (currently bored crazy in the states).

I think Portugal might be a good fit for me, but I'm totally open to going wherever fate may take me at this moment. I recently recovered from a long illness and I'm in the transition stage, excited to get back out into the world. I have a small modest income so I will not need to find work. Last year I was reading a publication that listed long term house-sitting etc. (6 months or more) and was considering that as a possibility also, so if anyone knows of any resources there, that would be a great help.

Any opinions about wonderful people and wonderful places to go?

Everyone on the site seems to be so knowledgeable and helpful. It's a great find.

kp
Old Oct 11th 2010, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Andrew29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bratislava

Originally Posted by penny k
Hi,

Is anyone living in Bratislava or Eastern Europe on the site?

I love Eastern Europe, where I lived for four years, and want to live in a European city very soon (currently bored crazy in the states).

I think Portugal might be a good fit for me, but I'm totally open to going wherever fate may take me at this moment. I recently recovered from a long illness and I'm in the transition stage, excited to get back out into the world. I have a small modest income so I will not need to find work. Last year I was reading a publication that listed long term house-sitting etc. (6 months or more) and was considering that as a possibility also, so if anyone knows of any resources there, that would be a great help.

Any opinions about wonderful people and wonderful places to go?

Everyone on the site seems to be so knowledgeable and helpful. It's a great find.

kp
Not Bratislava but I do have a house out in Kosice. I'm moving out there next year on a permanent basis. My wife is Slovakian hence the move. If there's anything you want to know about Slovakia, I'll try and answer as best my experience allows me. One thing I can say, if you're really really REALLY serious about moving out there, start learning Slovak as of today. English don't bring you as far as you'd hope over there.