Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best Place in London to Establish IT Business

Best Place in London to Establish IT Business

Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:40 am
Just Joined

gurmeet1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Place in London to Establish IT Business

I am looking for starting business in IT please suggest me best place for this in uk,london
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 4:38 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Place in London to Establish IT Business

Originally Posted by gurmeet1
I am looking for starting business in IT please suggest me best place for this in uk,london

Welcome to the Forum

What kind of IT business? For example if it was IT film or Game related then the Covent Garden or Soho region around the already established business's as at some time you would probably end up collaborating with them.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:52 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Place in London to Establish IT Business

A lot of startups are basing themselves around Old Street and Hoxton, but that doesn't mean it's the best place to be... There is a large concentration of developers based there, and the possibilities for networking for them is greater. However that means your staff (if you have any) are more likely to be enticed away...

As mentioned by Ka Ora, you may want to be located where your customers/clients are based. If you travel abroad a lot, may be better to be based close to either heathrow or City airport.

If it's just a business that you spend most of your time either on the net or on the phone, then as far away from central London as possible, as rents will be cheaper...