Reload this Page >

Anyone in Lithuania?

Anyone in Lithuania?

Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:35 am
Just Joined

bmci is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Lithuania?

Hi folks.

Moving to Vilnius next month for 6 months and wondering if there's an ex-pat community at all?

Have been to the city before although it was just a few days and didn't notice any of the typical Irish bars or ex-pat places you find in most major cities.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Forres is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Lithuania?

Hi there! I am an ex-pat in Lithuania. Are you still in Vilnius?
Old Jan 7th 2007, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Indeed I am. Well, I will be next week - currently home in Scotland for a while.

It's quite possible I already know you since there are very few UK ex-pats there! I'm sure the figure was 23

Send me a PM if you like to organise a Svyturys or two
Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

To date I have'nt met a single British ex-pat in Lithuania, its great to hear froma fellow countryman living in Vilnius.
I am back home in Inverness at the moment. I lived in Vilnius for about 1 1/2 years. Me and my wife moved to Inverness back in April but have decided the UK is not for us or not for me anyway. I feel our living standards have dropped since we came back here. Been out of the UK for 10 years and cant wait to get out again. We are moving back to Vilnius in about 2 months time.
Will get my membership back at the Forum Palace.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Forres
To date I have'nt met a single British ex-pat in Lithuania, its great to hear froma fellow countryman living in Vilnius.
I am back home in Inverness at the moment. I lived in Vilnius for about 1 1/2 years. Me and my wife moved to Inverness back in April but have decided the UK is not for us or not for me anyway. I feel our living standards have dropped since we came back here. Been out of the UK for 10 years and cant wait to get out again. We are moving back to Vilnius in about 2 months time.
Will get my membership back at the Forum Palace.
Good man. Have responded to your PM.

I know of 3 other resident Scots in Vilnius - if you can call the British Ambassador a resident.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Sent you an e-mail. Great to hear from you. Let me know you get on.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:11 am
Just Joined

seaweasel is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of interest, what do you guys do over in Vilnius? I was over for a weekend last year and loved it, I plan to go over for a bit longer if possible this year sometime.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Me personnaly I just go and live there. Its a great place to live and nice beaches up on the Baltic coast in summer. I have an apartment there and I find it a great place to relax. If you need any more info let me know.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

seaweasel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Forres. What's the job market like over there? I'm getting a bit fed up with the UK as well and while I'll be moving over to Ireland once I get married (and hopefully there won't be a UK for much longer anyway), I'm curious about working somewhere non-English speaking. Unfortunately my Lithuanian is pretty much limited to ordering beer (and my Japanese is worse), although I'd like to live somewhere different for a while.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Ah! I never usualy work in the country where I live for tax reasons. I always have a job where it does'nt matter where I live as my employer usualy flies me to work. When I lived in Lithuania before, work wise I was based in Johannesburg and worked rotational down there. Before that I lived and worked in the U.S. and Russia before that.
Right now I have just started in Denmark(worked here ten years ago) and will work tree weeks on three weeks off so I will move back to Vilnius. My wife is Lithuanian so that makes it easier to learn the language.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

monkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to allmonkjack is a name known to all

How friendly are the lithuanians towards Brits? And also, do many of them speak English ?
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:57 am
Just Joined

jrsenkus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i have been in Vilnius for 3 years now, and a few britts meet up in some pub in the center once a month. If you are intrested i will post some deatails