Reload this Page >

After some opinions

After some opinions

Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

louise01843 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After some opinions

Hi.
I am at the point of being seriously fed up with the UK and it's prospects. I have a 13 year old daughter and a 9 year old son, i worry so much about what future they have once they have left school
My partner is a truck driver, with all the licenses to drive just about anything and i am a hairdresser. Would we be employable anywhere? My foreign language skills are rather shoddy at the moment it must be said, but i would be a very willing student!
I guess i am wondering if we could get a better quality/future for my children somewhere else?!?
Old Apr 11th 2013, 10:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After some opinions

Originally Posted by louise01843
Hi.
I am at the point of being seriously fed up with the UK and it's prospects. I have a 13 year old daughter and a 9 year old son, i worry so much about what future they have once they have left school
My partner is a truck driver, with all the licenses to drive just about anything and i am a hairdresser. Would we be employable anywhere? My foreign language skills are rather shoddy at the moment it must be said, but i would be a very willing student!
I guess i am wondering if we could get a better quality/future for my children somewhere else?!?
Your kids are at a difficult time should you choose to move to a country where they dont know the language. Although kids pick up languages well, for schooling it would be difficult.

Have you looked at the trucking job section on this site ... theres a lot of discussion about Canada
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of
Default Re: After some opinions

Hi louise01843, Slovenia has one of the lowest crimes rates in Europe, one of the many reasons I chose it. I know of one couple who moved here with their children for the same reasons as you speak of, I believe they are a little younger than yours, according to them they have settled in lovely and speak the language, I and many others find it hard to get to grips with it, one reason being is you don't really need it to live here as so many speak English.
Work is another issue.... as it is all over Europe at this time. Wages are lower here but to rent or buy a house is cheaper. A lot of Slovenian truck drivers work for Austrians companies purely because the pay is better.

I would imagine in time you could build up a nice little round being a hairdresser.