Reload this Page >

Advice Needed!!

Advice Needed!!

Old Dec 20th 2008, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Mysea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice Needed!!

Hi Everyone!

This may sound like an odd request but I would really appreciate any advice or insights you could give me, even if you may not think its relevent.

Basically my partner and I have decided that we would like to leave England but we are not sure where we would like to go. We have travelled around New Zealand, France, Hong Kong and Portugal but are aware there are many more places which could potentially really suit us.

So in short we would like any suggestions you may have on countries, areas or cities which you would recommend, I understand this is a massive task, but like I said before, any advice you could give would really help us!

Here is a little more information which about us which might give you a better idea about the kind of place we are looking for. We are both 23 and have secure careers; Im finishing a PhD in Public Health and Health Commissioning at a good university and my partner is a Civil Engineer. We cant move until 2012 when I've finished my course and my partner is chartered, but we both have good degrees and are happy to travel until then to find the right place.

Ideally we would like to live somewhere where are money will go further than it is in the UK, and once settled would like to also move my parents out there too, even if it means employing them privately as our accountant and babysitter!

We would like somewhere that uses the same alphabet as English and is relatively liberal, other than that we are pretty easy!! Any advice or insight you can give would be majorly appreciated, and thanks again for reading this post

Thanks Mysea
Old Dec 21st 2008, 5:42 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed!!

Too many questions at once.
Work is the key thing here, you would have to find out where your qualifications are valid apart from the UK and go from there.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

graham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mysea
Hi Everyone!

This may sound like an odd request but I would really appreciate any advice or insights you could give me, even if you may not think its relevent.

Basically my partner and I have decided that we would like to leave England but we are not sure where we would like to go. We have travelled around New Zealand, France, Hong Kong and Portugal but are aware there are many more places which could potentially really suit us.

So in short we would like any suggestions you may have on countries, areas or cities which you would recommend, I understand this is a massive task, but like I said before, any advice you could give would really help us!

Here is a little more information which about us which might give you a better idea about the kind of place we are looking for. We are both 23 and have secure careers; Im finishing a PhD in Public Health and Health Commissioning at a good university and my partner is a Civil Engineer. We cant move until 2012 when I've finished my course and my partner is chartered, but we both have good degrees and are happy to travel until then to find the right place.

Ideally we would like to live somewhere where are money will go further than it is in the UK, and once settled would like to also move my parents out there too, even if it means employing them privately as our accountant and babysitter!

We would like somewhere that uses the same alphabet as English and is relatively liberal, other than that we are pretty easy!! Any advice or insight you can give would be majorly appreciated, and thanks again for reading this post

Thanks Mysea
Well you both have good working credentials, so would not find it to hard to get into any country, it all depends on what life style you are looking for ie easy going laid back Australia fantastic country New South Wales up the Gold Coast, cost of living a bit less then here but! wages less. Arab States great money, life style limited, South Africa fantastic, good money, hmmm.
Canada Wow has everything! Australia for me is the place, Civil engineer and a phd should put you in the upper earnings level should be in excess of 100,000 Aussie dollars a year between the two of you if no children involved?.
But dont just take my word for it pay a visit look for yourselves?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham barnett
Well you both have good working credentials, so would not find it to hard to get into any country, it all depends on what life style you are looking for ie easy going laid back Australia fantastic country New South Wales up the Gold Coast, cost of living a bit less then here but! wages less. Arab States great money, life style limited, South Africa fantastic, good money, hmmm.
Canada Wow has everything! Australia for me is the place, Civil engineer and a phd should put you in the upper earnings level should be in excess of 100,000 Aussie dollars a year between the two of you if no children involved?.
But dont just take my word for it pay a visit look for yourselves?
Cost of living in Australia is now on a par with the UK, and in some areas costs are now higher in proportion to wages.
To the OP - if thinking of Australia,its not as easy as just coming over - start by looking through www.immi.gov.au to see if you qualify for a visa first.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Mysea is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, although Australia isnt in the top three at the moment, I have checked we qualify, so its still an option wihch is good x