Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

About to be ripped off!

About to be ripped off!

Old Nov 12th 2019, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default About to be ripped off!

It is about a year since I moved from Hungary to Croatia and for all that time I have had no access to doctors or medical help because of a paperwork problem. In Hungary I used to pay a monthly fee to be in their equivalent of the NHS. When I moved to Croatia I wanted to sign up to their scheme but they said I could not do so until I provided a form E104, issued in Hungary. Getting hold of this form proved to be a total nightmare, with numerous visits to Hungarian offices, letters, emails and finally help from the British Embassy. I finally received the E104 by post yesterday so today I took it to the state health insurance office in town. It seems they are now willing to let me join the health care system but not until I have paid them 4714 kuna (about £543) which is the monthly fee backdated to when I stopped paying in Hungary. It was bad enough not having access to doctors etc for all those months but it is particularly galling to now have to pay for the service I was being denied!
Old Nov 12th 2019, 1:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About to be ripped off!

Originally Posted by fidobsa
It is about a year since I moved from Hungary to Croatia and for all that time I have had no access to doctors or medical help because of a paperwork problem. In Hungary I used to pay a monthly fee to be in their equivalent of the NHS. When I moved to Croatia I wanted to sign up to their scheme but they said I could not do so until I provided a form E104, issued in Hungary. Getting hold of this form proved to be a total nightmare, with numerous visits to Hungarian offices, letters, emails and finally help from the British Embassy. I finally received the E104 by post yesterday so today I took it to the state health insurance office in town. It seems they are now willing to let me join the health care system but not until I have paid them 4714 kuna (about £543) which is the monthly fee backdated to when I stopped paying in Hungary. It was bad enough not having access to doctors etc for all those months but it is particularly galling to now have to pay for the service I was being denied!
I know this is not an official source, but if the information is correct then you're not being ripped off, it's just the country's rules to access healthcare.
You’ll also need to pay about a year’s worth of back-payments before you can use the system.
https://internationalliving.com/coun...roatia/health/
Old Nov 12th 2019, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About to be ripped off!

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I know this is not an official source, but if the information is correct then you're not being ripped off, it's just the country's rules to access healthcare.
You’ll also need to pay about a year’s worth of back-payments before you can use the system.
https://internationalliving.com/coun...roatia/health/
As I did, in Hungary.