Worth it

Old Jul 27th 2013, 11:24 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worth it

For all the sparkies out there wondering if it's worth the ball ache to get here.

I am earning in $ what I earned in £ (big pay cut) currently on $70k but saving $1k a month and not really noticing a big drop in material lifestyle. What I am noticing is a work life balance like I never imagined. I've spent more time with my daughter in the past 9 months than in the past 9 years!

I eat breakfast regularly with my son and it's rare that I don't have dinner with the family. This NEVER happened in the UK Monday-Friday.

Towards the end of my UK life I earned a more realistic long term salary comparable to my current Oz one but had nothing like the family time. I've thought about the mines and the money is appealing but that is not why I came here, it's a different mentality with O/T the exception and not the rule (IME) in total contrast to what I was used to.

There will always be differences of opinion and I didn't hate the UK or think it was going to the dogs, I miss my family and friends too but I wouldn't go back for financial reasons and I can't think of any other reason to either

Very happy and I hope it works out for you guys, however long it takes you
Old Jul 27th 2013, 12:02 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worth it

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
For all the sparkies out there wondering if it's worth the ball ache to get here.

I am earning in $ what I earned in £ (big pay cut) currently on $70k but saving $1k a month and not really noticing a big drop in material lifestyle. What I am noticing is a work life balance like I never imagined. I've spent more time with my daughter in the past 9 months than in the past 9 years!

I eat breakfast regularly with my son and it's rare that I don't have dinner with the family. This NEVER happened in the UK Monday-Friday.

Towards the end of my UK life I earned a more realistic long term salary comparable to my current Oz one but had nothing like the family time. I've thought about the mines and the money is appealing but that is not why I came here, it's a different mentality with O/T the exception and not the rule (IME) in total contrast to what I was used to.

There will always be differences of opinion and I didn't hate the UK or think it was going to the dogs, I miss my family and friends too but I wouldn't go back for financial reasons and I can't think of any other reason to either

Very happy and I hope it works out for you guys, however long it takes you
Thanks for the update rinkerdink - still working on the license but only a few months in. Glad things are working out for you and work / home balance is better